Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What makes LeBoo's D so darn complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'll be looking forward to the Stones' next album, entitled, "Pop Dat Thang"
    I would take a 100 year old Rolling Stones over Cold Play.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    featuring their new hit song: "Pop Dat Hamstring"...
    Old-timer rock-and-roll at its finest...

"Hey, hey, you, kids, get offa my lawn"

Banned
    This "10 yard cushion" which is usually more like 4-7 yards (but you cant tell that to a whiny steelers fan)
    LeBoo has gone on record saying, "the first, second and third thing on defense is 'don't give up the big play, don't give up the big play and don't give up the big play.'"

He is overly paranoid about that, which leads to CBs giving up 8 yard cushions on 3rd and 4 plays. I don't care how you try to slant it, that is just overly paranoid on giving up big plays to a fault. And isn't it ironic that when we are facing a 3rd and 25 that we all know this D will give up a first down in third and forever. It's quite interesting that LeBoo fears giving up the big play like AIDs but his Ds give up 3rd and forevers all the time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It not "hate," but a willingness to question based on 4 years of declining performance in an area his defense was supposedly designed to excell in. It is only about the man in the fact that many don't see changes other than hoping for the next great group of players. Sorry, but Troy playing a quasi-LB position is not a change. He has done that at times most of his career.
    exactly... I don't think anyone hates DL, we just hate seeing our D get burned by Tebow and Tannehill

Pro Bowler
    lol ok....play press man every play with Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu playing safety...GREAT idea, that will work fantastic....a head hunting, slow FS and a run stuffing high risk/high impact freelancing torpedo is NOT the recipe for playing cover 1 or any version of press man.

There will be more single high safety coverage with Mitchell imo, but your bitching and moaning is clearly just not understanding 1) how the scheme works and 2) the kinf of safety play you need to not give any cushion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Troy played LB because vince williams sucks

The worst players last season were Ryan Clark and Vince Williams. Both of whom have been replaced. Mitchell give them a center field player, shazier (theorectically) improves the run defense, pass defense, and pass rush

Ike Taylor had a bad year, but i do blame clark for many of ikes "bad games"..ike is a big bounce back candidate.

4 years of declining defense is 4 years of declining players that were cogs in the mid 2000s.

Also in those 4 years

2010: #1 run d, #2 overall
    2011: #1 pass d, #1 overall
    2012: #1 total d, #1 pass d, #2 run d
    2013: yuck

Lets not exaggerate the team has been far from perfect the last few years, theyve struggled in all 3 phases of the game at times, and they did get pretty old on the defensive side....but i assure you the problem is not lebeau forgetting how to coach defense
    stats ranking isn't the issue. Stopping teams on 3rd and 25 or Tim Tebow or Tannehill is our issue with the D.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorMan View Post
    1995 the Steelers were a top 10 passing team, the only year in Bill Cowher's first 10, that were so.

2005, 2008, 2010 they had a franchise QB.

What has LeBeau ever won in his career, anywhere, without a franchise QB? NOTHING.

That article by Mr. Kacsmar speaks for itself. That covers LeBeau's entire body of work.
    Are you kidding me?
    You are calling NOD a franchise QB? Oh THATS a reach
    Do you know the difference between number 10 in passing and number 32?
    number 10 has more attempts. Nothing to do with Quality.
    Ben was better than NOD as a ROOKIE, yardage was way less.

That article means diddly squat to me.
    Just one mans WRONG opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post
    stats ranking isn't the issue. Stopping teams on 3rd and 25 or Tim Tebow or Tannehill is our issue with the D.
    I WILL give you this. My biggest strategic issue with DL is he will overplay the run against running QBs like nobody else. Not only Tebow, but when Atlana Vick was all runner was woefully inaccurate and could not BUY a big passing game he lit us up THROUGH THE AIR more than once,

I DO put the blame squarely on Lebeau for that Bronco loss. Had we play honest defense THERE IS NO WAY Tebow does what he did to us.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol ok....play press man every play with Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu playing safety...GREAT idea, that will work fantastic....a head hunting, slow FS and a run stuffing high risk/high impact freelancing torpedo is NOT the recipe for playing cover 1 or any version of press man.

There will be more single high safety coverage with Mitchell imo, but your bitching and moaning is clearly just not understanding 1) how the scheme works and 2) the kinf of safety play you need to not give any cushion
    You act it's as if the two concepts are mutually exclusive; they are not. You don't have to choose EITHER press coverage or 10 yards off the receiver ONLY. All most of us are saying is when it's 3rd and 4, don't play 8 yards off the receiver! But that is what LeBoo does and even Phil Simms commented on it during a game, saying there was no reason we the CBs had to play so far off the WRs when they were ON THE 4 YARD line. Why would you play so far off near the freaking endzone??????? LeBoo is so scared of being beat deep, he thinks irrationally. His days should be filled with golf and taking naps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    You are calling NOD a franchise QB? Oh THATS a reach
    Do you know the difference between number 10 in passing and number 32?
    number 10 has more attempts. Nothing to do with Quality.
    Ben was better than NOD as a ROOKIE, yardage was way less.

That article means diddly squat to me.
    Just one mans WRONG opinion.
    Of course it's wrong. All those facts were made up.

Neil O'Donnell was team MVP that year.

Bill Cowher's exchange with Ron Erhardt at SB XXX in the 4th quarter was as followed:

RE: Stick with the four wides?

BC: Yeah, that's what's got us here.

I don't believe he was referring to Mike Tomczak and Jim Miller.