Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes LeBoo's D so darn complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, Keisel was a 7th round pick and Kimo was a 6th round pick...but yeah, point taken.
    Nice catch.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Are you still holding to the absurd position that LeBeau's defense is no more complex than the one Jarvis played under in college?

Guess you missed this thread: http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...n-Jarvis-Jones

If you read it, you find that Joey Porter, and Jarvis Jones himself, both disagree with your assertion.
    smh.... for some reason fans REFUSE to believe every Steeler player who says this D is complex. Maybe JP and JJ are lying.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post
    smh.... for some reason fans REFUSE to believe every Steeler player who says this D is complex. Maybe JP and JJ are lying.
    They refuse to acknowledge it because that would put the onus on Leboo to change things and we know that Leboo shouldn't ever be criticized or questioned because of past accomplishment and success. Unfortunately we play in the here and now.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    "Leboo" has led the Steelers to the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in either scoring or yardage in 6 of the last 10 years since his return. Do you get that? There are THIRTY TWO TEAMS and he has led more number one defenses than MOST TEAMS HAVE HAD int he entire superbowl era in a 10 year period.

He does this with Corners who are late draft picks who have enough talent to have to buy tickets to go to the probowl.

Newflash, put Casey, Smith, Brett, on a 4-3 team and they aint sniffing a probowl. Harrison aint no DPOY. Clark aint a household name anywhere else.

The ONLY PLAYERs who would have similar success on a 4-3 team are Troy and Farrior.

He has ONE HOF player ONE. Average corners. Even very good contributers are mostly BENEFICIARIES for Leboos defense.
    Peerless success.

Yes, we are wise to keep him
    That is not giving him a pass.
    That is not being STUPID.

He IS a great one who has done more with less.
    We just take it for granted.

You just cant loss THAT MANY players and not take a hit in the short term.
    Ratings that have not resulted in a winning record the last two years.

Ratings that don't convey the consistent 3-4 year decrease in sacks and INTs from a defense that "a genius" supposedly designed specifically to pressure and create turnovers from offenses.

Ratings that resulted in us getting ejected from the play-offs by probably one of the worst QBs in the NFL (Tebow)
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Am I the only one who hates this new trend on the board of people calling our defensive coordinator "Leboo"?

It annoys me almost as much as when people spell Chuck Noll's name with a Chuck-Knox-like "K" at the beginning.

But at last the Knoll crowd can claim ignorance...that would be a misspelling because they don't know any better.

This Leboo thing is just an outsight purposeful slap in the face to a great coach. At least that's how I take it.

I'd actually prefer if all of the ingrates just start referring to him as Coach Wicker Basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They refuse to acknowledge it because that would put the onus on Leboo to change things and we know that Leboo shouldn't ever be criticized or questioned because of past accomplishment and success. Unfortunately we play in the here and now.
    I personally don't believe he is beyond criticism. I just like to see an even handed critique. You have an agenda, others have theirs and I don't think either extreme is accurate. I'm not sure at LeBeaus age if he is able to adjust mid-game. I have issue with his ability to correct and account for an O that is walking up and down the field on us. But, I don't have issue with the 3-4, nor do I believe LeBeau is senile. I think the guy is still a good coach, and part of the D woes in recent years boil down to aging talent. I am not willing to give him a complete pass but I do believe he may surprise some people this season with his innovation with some faster talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Am I the only one who hates this new trend on the board of people calling our defensive coordinator "Leboo"?

It annoys me almost as much as when people spell Chuck Noll's name with a Chuck-Knox-like "K" at the beginning.

But at last the Knoll crowd can claim ignorance...that would be a misspelling because they don't know any better.

This Leboo thing is just an outsight purposeful slap in the face to a great coach. At least that's how I take it.

I'd actually prefer if all of the ingrates just start referring to him as Coach Wicker Basket.
    Yes, it annoys me but I also realize that by the mere mentioning of it, that it's now going to become common place.

Pro Bowler

Ratings that don't convey the consistent 3-4 year decrease in sacks and INTs from a defense that "a genius" supposedly designed specifically to pressure and create turnovers from offenses.

Ratings that resulted in us getting ejected from the play-offs by probably one of the worst QBs in the NFL (Tebow)

Either the defense must change to accomodate the poor players that tomlin is drafting or the defense stays the same and tomlin stays out of the draft process
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

I agree with this...I don't give a ish about ratings when I watch passing teams walk up and down the field at will on our D. The Steelers do well against teams (generally and historically speaking) when the QB is not a top 7 guy. But, against better QBs the D has historically suffered and has in recent years been down right pathetic.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Either the defense must change to accomodate the poor players that tomlin is drafting or the defense stays the same and tomlin stays out of the draft process
    Did you happen to notice that you personally chose 4 of the poor players Tomlin drafted in your own signature?

I would congratulate you on getting so many correct, but you'd probably take it as an insult that our sucky front office took these guys.