Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a "whatever it takes" attitude this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers have a "whatever it takes" attitude this year.

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/6/22/5829864/steelers-taking-a-whatever-it-takes-mentality-into-2014-season[/url]

Hopefully, it's more than lip service. I have a feeling they are finally taking things more seriously, starting with Ben, for sure. If he is taking things more seriously, then everyone should. At least it's a start. AB said Ben is instructing the WRs like he has never seen him do before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know. Every year Ben and the gang just come in for a pay check, but this year everyone is "serious".
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

The WR'S are just laughing at him as soon as he turns his back

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    The WR'S are just laughing at him as soon as he turns his back
    No, these guys are mostly too young; they will take him serious now. And if he walks the walk, they won't discount him. Will he? We will see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    No, these guys are mostly too young; they will take him serious now. And if he walks the walk, they won't discount him. Will he? We will see.
    Nah, the young ones are following the other vets and rolling their eyes every time Ben tries to rally then and lead them. I thought you knew that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Back pedal much?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, the WR's are treating Ben like a fat, nerdy 9th grader with zits.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Seriously, the WR's are treating Ben like a fat, nerdy 9th grader with zits.
    I hope this is not the case. Ben has earned his stripes. AB should be backing Ben 100%. As should Miller and Spaeth. Run the no-huddle heavily and let Ben handle this offense. He has earned such responsibility. It's HIS offense. Haley needs to just sit back and contribute when he is able to and enjoy the ride. Munchak has the O-line on lock. The run game will be pounding and fast with pass-catching ability. Give Ben the reins and sit back and watch the fireworks!

Legend

User Info Menu

this kinda stuff shows where tomlin is a non factor.
    the gm puts the players on the field, the players play harder some years more than others, tomlin stands by and is a figure head.
    only a handful of coaches really make a difference
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    this kinda stuff shows where tomlin is a non factor.
    the gm puts the players on the field, the players play harder some years more than others, tomlin stands by and is a figure head.
    only a handful of coaches really make a difference
    you and sick beats are awesome...

I bet you guys could write a novel trashing the Steeler franchise based off of how much popcorn a vendor puts in your bag on game day