Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike's diet

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ike's diet

In the latest Sport's Illustrated there was an article on Ike's diet. It goes as follows.

- fruit and yogurt for breakfast.

- lunch is left overs from last night's dinner.

- dinner is always eaten at one of 6 steak houses, where he usually has fish, asparagus, etc.

- repeat process every single day.

He said he ALWAYS eats dinner out and always has the left overs for lunch. Also has some red wine.

He also mentioned his "naps" as part of his diet, saying they are great for you in the middle of the day. I don't know if anyone has the heart to tell him that naps do not qualify as any part of a diet. They have behaviors, but nothing to do with your diet.

I feel sorry for people who have no ability to cook meals at home. I can't imagine living like that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why do you care if he goes out for dinner every night? Hes rich, he can do that

"I cant imagine living like that" lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Why do you care if he goes out for dinner every night? Hes rich, he can do that

"I cant imagine living like that" lol
    I don't care if I had 10x his $; not experiencing the joy of cooking lessens the quality of life. There is something rewarding about making awesome meals at home, on the grill, etc. Yes, and it's far more expensive to eat out, but that isn't why I don't want to do it all the time. There is a joy to cooking at home. Heck, I can make a full blow filet mignon steak dinner, with baked potatoes, tosses salad for around $20 for two. And my steaks are as good or better than anything I can buy out. Matter of fact, almost no eateries steaks can even tie mine. Most are inferior.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another quality thread

Expert chef added to the resume

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell if I could get rid of my kitchen I'd be perfectly happy. Who wants to slave over a stove when you can spend quality time with your wife and kids (if you have them)

Legend

User Info Menu

it's hard to cook only for yourself, I don't blame Ike at all for going out to dinner every night...

Legend

User Info Menu

i enjoy cooking but i would go out often if i could afford it.
    i would mix it up tho. fish and asparagus would kill me. not to mention wine
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I don't care if I had 10x his $; not experiencing the joy of cooking lessens the quality of life. There is something rewarding about making awesome meals at home, on the grill, etc. Yes, and it's far more expensive to eat out, but that isn't why I don't want to do it all the time. There is a joy to cooking at home. Heck, I can make a full blow filet mignon steak dinner, with baked potatoes, tosses salad for around $20 for two. And my steaks are as good or better than anything I can buy out. Matter of fact, almost no eateries steaks can even tie mine. Most are inferior.
    Ike has a lot more $20 bills than you and there is something rewarding about making boatloads of money for NOT cooking his own meals.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Very true. He will never get the joy of cooking racks of ribs, steaks, beans, etc like Vince Wilfork in this video:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Another quality thread

Expert chef added to the resume
    I know my life is fulfilled by gaining the knowledge that Ike Taylor's pee must smell really funny since he has asparagus twice per day every day.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.