Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to sign CB Flowers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trying to sign CB Flowers

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddkSa?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers[/url]

Who would sit if they signed him? Wow. Signing Flowers would take the sting out of not drafting a stud CB in the draft. The guy is good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Flowers would be the instant #1....id imagine the other 4 CBs would rotate a lot though.

No way they win a bidding war though. Im surprised he doesnt have a home already

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Flowers would be the instant #1....id imagine the other 4 CBs would rotate a lot though.

No way they win a bidding war though. Im surprised he doesnt have a home already
    I don't know why he isn't already on a team. Asking price too much? IDK. Isn't he in his prime?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hes not a great fit for every team but hes an awesome corner if you are looking for a physical corner...hes short but when he tackles you, you go down

Legend

User Info Menu

Too bad Antwon Blake already has Lee Flower's old number.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt this happens. It might even be a fake story from the team to begin with, with them full well knowing this signing won't happen. The only way I see it is if they feel Ike is no longer starting material, and I doubt they feel that way. Would they feign interest to make SD have to pay more? Yea know, doing all things possible to weaken competition? Let's not forget, SD took our play off spot away, didn't they?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I doubt this happens. It might even be a fake story from the team to begin with, with them full well knowing this signing won't happen. The only way I see it is if they feel Ike is no longer starting material, and I doubt they feel that way. Would they feign interest to make SD have to pay more? Yea know, doing all things possible to weaken competition? Let's not forget, SD took our play off spot away, didn't they?
    Yeah, they weren't serious about Mike Mitchell either...

Or Lance Moore...

Or Cam Thomas...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Or Blount, or DHB...

This is been a crazy active FA for us. And imo it was a pretty aggressive draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

I say spend the money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Spend the money and and Ike sits, he can be the nickel back and Gay can be the dime back. I love me some Ike, but his time is running out, if not this year, next for sure, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount