Thread: Mann high on Bryant

Legend

Mann high on Bryant

Mann high on Bryant

Receivers coach Richard Mann believes Bryant will have a role on offense as a rookie. The staff wanted to draft a tall receiver with speed to stretch the field and Bryant remains the only player on the roster who fits that bill.
    “I think he’s going to contribute, I really do,” Mann said. “He’s got good speed, he’s a big guy and he can run and catch, that’s the bottom line.
    “Martavis is a big guy; he’s different from what we’ve had. As far as with the length, we feel like we can utilize his talents in the red zone. He’s got a big reach. He’s got good speed, so we can use him in various ways.”

Music to my ears. We might finally have a legit redzone target. If that's all he becomes it's not a wasted 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Music to my ears. We might finally have a legit redzone target. If that's all he becomes it's not a wasted 4th round pick.
    you mean like last year's?

here's to hoping:
    1. Wheaton develops significantly THIS year **
    2. Bryant beats out Wheaton for the starting spot NEXT year (i.e., he develops even more)
    3. Wheaton becomes a slot

Gimmie that WR corps with that development for the remainder of Ben's time as steelers QB and i'm a happy camper. Additional help (Lance Moore, Justin Brown) would be gravy...

** Have to clarify this before people make bad assumptions. I'm not knocking the guy when i say significantly - I was one of the few who was already high on Wheaton. I honestly think his numbers out of the gate are on par with Sanders... My guess is 55-800-6TDs; i.e., slightly fewer catches, slightly more yards and about the same TD production, if not slightly higher...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Pro Bowler
    mehhh still not excited, of course hes high on him now.

Not sure hes ever gonna be that guy they want him to be with all that size he has. These tall, lanky guys just tend to not ever stick

Pro Bowler
    Mike Tomlin continues to break Martavis Bryant down with hard coaching

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...-minicamp-2014

For me, a great coach is also a good psychologist. Not every player responds to harsher coaching. Some thrive in it. Some need that mix of a kick in the pants followed by some ata boys. Some need merely intellectual calm coaching and are very self motivated. A great coach will change his style from player to player to get the best out of them.

For me, a great coach is also a good psychologist. Not every player responds to harsher coaching. Some thrive in it. Some need that mix of a kick in the pants followed by some ata boys. Some need merely intellectual calm coaching and are very self motivated. A great coach will change his style from player to player to get the best out of them.
    Well said.

yup,

Wexell on the WR's:

But it was Markus Wheaton who impressed all of the people who matter with his spring. He and rookie fourth-round pick Martavis Bryant are the guys to watch at training camp. Bryant has a very similar mentality to that of Plaxico Burress, which is something that caused the quick-twitched 6-4 receiver with 4.4 speed to slip to the fourth round. There are questions about his attitude. But the Steelers came down hard on him early. And since Bryant wasn't a top-10 pick as Burress was, he knows he had better take that hard coaching. And he did. He said he loves it and needs it. This is no Fred Gibson. No, Martavis Bryant can become a superstar if he continues to take this hard coaching the way he did this spring.