Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wheaton hurt again

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    By the way, is this site giving anyone else troubles ? The above is what my typing looks like if I don't fight with the keyboard on my computer. Just this Steeler site. Not with my emails, not on facebook, not anyplace I visit. I needed to go back and forth with this post for a solid three minutes for it to be spelled in order and correctly.
    Yes, but only after I press return or go back into previously typed words. Only this site so sometimes I just don't post...fuggit, don't want to deal
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Yes, but only after I press return or go back into previously typed words. Only this site so sometimes I just don't post...fuggit, don't want to deal
    thanks for your response

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Markus Wheaton set to break out

By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

LATROBE, Pa. -- The wide receiver who debuted as a starter on the Pittsburgh Steelers' first depth chart of the season said he isn’t trying to impress anyone but himself.

Fortunately for the Steelers nobody is apparently harder on Markus Wheaton than Markus Wheaton.

That explains why he sometimes leaves his dorm room at St. Vincent College after the 11 p.m. ET bed check and slips downstairs at Rooney Hall so he can watch film.

“I’m always checking out my game and trying to figure out how I can get better,” Wheaton said.

Few things would help the Steelers’ passing game more than if Wheaton is appreciably better after a nagging finger injury limited him to 152 snaps last season and essentially made his rookie season a lost one on the field.

The issues with a broken pinkie that required several surgeries appear to be in Wheaton’s rear view mirror, and he has a clear path to the field with Emmanuel Sanders in Denver and Jerricho Cotchery in Carolina.

That Wheaton is No. 1 on the Steelers’ first depth chart at wide receiver is confirmation that the starting job is his to lose.

“I’m glad that they are pushing me to take that spot,” Wheaton said. “I obviously want that spot but there are a lot of good guys competing for that spot. There will be a lot of competition and a lot of growth from the competition. I’m looking for growth every day and I think with that growth I will prove that I can hold that spot down.”

Wheaton caught just six passes for 64 yards lost season. But he impressed Steelers wide receivers coach Richard Mann with the toughness he showed late in the season by playing through the finger injury.

And his desire to squeeze every ounce of his considerable physical ability has never been in question.

Wheaton attached himself to Cotchery last season, absorbing everything he could from the veteran wide receiver. He did the same during the offseason with Lance Moore, who was signed to replace Cotchery as the Steelers’ No. 3 wide receiver.

The work he puts in has not gone unnoticed by the person who matters most when it comes to what role Wheaton plays this season.

“He’s a detailed guy,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “I see him not only working out (on the field) before and after but into the evening. He’s just taking a really professional approach. I think he understands what we expect and what we need from him.”

Moore, who is second to Wheaton on the depth chart, expects a breakout season from the 2013 third-round draft pick.

“He’s definitely got all of the ability and speed and hands and runs good routes,” said Moore, who is entering his 10th NFL season. “He’s definitely going to be an emerging player. It’s a deeper [wide receivers] group than I think people would imagine because there’s a lot of guys that haven’t played as much ball but guys that are definitely capable. I’ve been around long enough and seen enough guys and I think we’ve got a pretty special group.”

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...t-to-break-out[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers' Markus Wheaton set to break out

By Scott Brown | ESPN.com ...
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...t-to-break-out[/URL]
    Oh, Lordy, wouldn't it be nice ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

he sometimes leaves his dorm room at St. Vincent College after the 11 p.m. ET bed check and slips downstairs at Rooney Hall so he can watch film.
    That's genius...convince coaches that you are leaving your dorm room after curfew because you are "watching film."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell @jimwexell ·

Markus Wheaton dropped long pass, having tough day.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell @jimwexell ·

Markus Wheaton dropped long pass, having tough day.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Bustwheat

As coined by someone, i forget who

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bustwheat

As coined by someone, i forget who
    Captain Lemming, I hope he sees this and posts that pic again...