Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't write it but could of...

Starter

User Info Menu

NT is the key to the 3-4 and every pseudo-NT on the roster right now looks to be substandard at best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    NT is the key to the 3-4 and every pseudo-NT on the roster right now looks to be substandard at best.
    Best 3/4 for several years has been the Niners.

Key to that defense the NT?

Give me their inside linebackers, I'll give you Casey Hampton in his prime any day.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-17-2014 at 12:35 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    lazy and out dated assessment

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Best 3/4 for several years has been the Niners.

Key to that defense the NT?
    Glenn Dorsey is not a prototype NT for a 34 by any means, but he does just fine for that defense because he plays like a DE and isnt just negated by the zone stretch. He can stack and shed and he can pursue the ball carrier.

Not even sure i know who is playing NT for the Texans

BJ Raji is playing DE for the packers now, but they drafted another DE last year in Datone Jones

Haloti Ngata was drafted as a NT and has always played DE for the ravens, meanwhile terrence cody has always sucked

The Browns and Jets play a little differenlty in that it looks like they just draft the biggest guys to play all 3 spots. So Phil Taylor and Kendrick Ellis are 2 true NTs in 34 defenses totalling around 700 pounds between them and play next to 2 more 310 pound + players on any given down

Dontari Poe and Vince Wilfork are both true NTs, poe is a freak of nature and plays like a DE as i mentioned with Dorsey and Wilfork dominates in both a 3 man and 4 man line...one of the more special DTs of this generation

Is dan williams key to the cardnials defense? Cause last time I checked Dockett and Campbell were the ones making all the difference

The eagles signed sopoaga to a 3 year deal when they switched to a 34, but then traded him for a 5th round pick because bennie logan...another undersized DT, took his job. I think the eagles would agree fletcher cox their DE is more important than a NT

Oh, then the steelers drafted Tuitt over Nix....

Legend

User Info Menu

I see DL coaching for another 5 years.. Ben will be on his way out when DL retires so we don't have to worry about wasting Ben's last few years. I also think it's much easier to go from the 3-4 to the 4-3 vs 4-3 to 3-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW Tomlins knowledge of the 4/3 is the Tampa 2. That ain't Seattles D. How had THAT defense looked lately?

Recent teams running it.
    Minnesota, da Bears, the Lions, and now.....the worst defense in Cowboy HISTORY featuring Monte Kiffin. While all teams do a little of it, EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE that has a defense built on the Tampa 2 is a dog. It is played, figured out.

Every defensive coach in the Dungy tree has been fired save for ONE, Tomlin. (Lovie is bringing it back to Tampa, don't they learn). Why is Tomlin the one survivor? He does not foolishly cling to that defense but recognizes defensive GENIUS in DL who he only HOPES does not retire soon.

Since coming to Pittsburgh Tomlin has had more success both in terms of winning and in terms of defensive dominance THAN ALL TAMPA 2 defenses have had CUMULATIVELY.

ONE FINAL POINT.

Those of you who call our defense a run stop defense, in a passing league.

Tomlin and DL have had THE LEAGUES TOP PASS DEFENSE SEVERAL TIMES.

Tomlin only ran a 4/3 defense ONCE in his career, once without DL when he was Viking DC.
    DEAD LAST IN THE NFL IN PASS DEFENSE.

So how exactly does a return to THAT fix our pass defense?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    BTW Tomlins knowledge of the 4/3 is the Tampa 2. That ain't Seattles D. How had THAT defense looked lately?

Recent teams running it.
    Minnesota, da Bears, the Lions, and now.....the worst defense in Cowboy HISTORY featuring Monte Kiffin. While all teams do a little of it, EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE that has a defense built on the Tampa 2 is a dog. It is played, figured out.

Every defensive coach in the Dungy tree has been fired save for ONE, Tomlin. (Lovie is bringing it back to Tampa, don't they learn). Why is Tomlin the one survivor? He does not foolishly cling to that defense but recognizes defensive GENIUS in DL who he only HOPES does not retire soon.

Since coming to Pittsburgh Tomlin has had more success both in terms of winning and in terms of defensive dominance THAN ALL TAMPA 2 defenses have had CUMULATIVELY.

ONE FINAL POINT.

Those of you who call our defense a run stop defense, in a passing league.

Tomlin and DL have had THE LEAGUES TOP PASS DEFENSE SEVERAL TIMES.

Tomlin only ran a 4/3 defense ONCE in his career, once without DL when he was Viking DC.
    DEAD LAST IN THE NFL IN PASS DEFENSE.

So how exactly does a return to THAT fix our pass defense?
    There you go Captain letting facts interfere with a good story.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Not even sure i know who is playing NT for the Texans

Oh, then the steelers drafted Tuitt over Nix....
    The Texans just drafted Louis Nix (with the pick that originally belonged to us...our original 2014 3rd round pick that we traded to Cleveland a year earlier for the right draft Shamarko Thomas in the 4th round in 2013).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Again I am gonna get specific with this. The team that recently made dramatic strides in short order after making such a switch is the Colts. From 2 wins with the 30th scoring defense featuring the Tampa 2 4/3 to playoffs twice and 10th in scoring defense. Now Luck impacted the win total no doubt but the defense is greatly improved.

The Cowboys making the opposite switch......not so good.

The problem with switching to a 4/3 is that many GREAT 3/4 pass rushers are to small to be defensive ends and not agile enough to be 4/3 linebackers. But almost all 4/3 teams have one or more lean and athletic DEs that can play LBer in our D.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Texans just drafted Louis Nix (with the pick that originally belonged to us...our original 2014 3rd round pick that we traded to Cleveland a year earlier for the right draft Shamarko Thomas in the 4th round in 2013).
    Yes, AFTER we draft BOTH a MLBer in round 1 AND a defensive end in round 2 finally in round THREE he is drafted despite the dire need some of you saw.

The prototype NT, THE BEST NT in all of COLLEGE FOOTBALL so essential for a 3/4 in a league where half the teams run a 3/4 gets drafted AFTER EIGHTY TWO other players.

Save for kickers EVERY OTHER POSITION PICKED MULTIPLE TIMES before Nix.

And some of you wanted this dude in the first.

TCFCLTC-