Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a little premature but....

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe a little premature but....

with the roster not set this question might need revisited in 2 months; besides BR who on this Steelers team can they least afford to lose to injury??

I am going to go with Cortez Allen. While the Steelers have picked up some young, fast interesting talent at CB, if Allen goes down this defense will feel the effect. Other than Ike Taylor, there is no proven talent of a guy that can cover the other team's #1. And as big a fan of Ike that I am, I am not sure he will be able to do it all season long if he had to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Ike can bounce back in a big way this season...hes still in top shape, front 7 has been improved and some serious speed injected into the secondary with mitchell

I think Heyward would be a big loss to the defense

Legend

User Info Menu

Unless and until Wheaton or Bryant steps up, the receiving group is Antonio Brown and a bunch of third and fourth wide receivers. I think Brown would be the toughest guy to replace after Roethlisberger. He's my pick.

On the defensive side, I agree with K-Train that Heyward would be a huge loss. There is also very little depth behind Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds. I'd rather not see Chris Carter or Arthur Moats playing meaningful snaps at OLB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Unless and until Wheaton or Bryant steps up, the receiving group is Antonio Brown and a bunch of third and fourth wide receivers. I think Brown would be the toughest guy to replace after Roethlisberger. He's my pick.

On the defensive side, I agree with K-Train that Heyward would be a huge loss. There is also very little depth behind Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds. I'd rather not see Chris Carter or Arthur Moats playing meaningful snaps at OLB.
    Any of our big dogs going down is going to be a blow. I will say that lance Moore is going to be better for the steelers than a lot of people realize currently. I'd bet more of an impact than cotchery had while he was in the black and gold.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bleacher Report did a break-down of Steelers' thinnest depth. One of those is OLB, which I would agree totally.
    I think Deebo could contribute more than Carter and Moats, if signed. Would really like to see him wearing black and gold again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I really don't even want to think about "worst injury loss possible" as that is too depressing a thought. Can't we just be happy and think only the best will occur? Actually, let's assume Spence will be fully 100% healthy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Lance Moore is going to beat out Wheaton..which isnt really a good thing.

Moore is very reliable and like antonio brown loses next to nothing in his routes, so fluid. Brees called him his marvin harrison

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think Lance Moore is going to beat out Wheaton..which isnt really a good thing.

Moore is very reliable and like antonio brown loses next to nothing in his routes, so fluid. Brees called him his marvin harrison
    Lance Moore will contribute greatly for us, but hasn't he always been a slot receiver? I can't see him playing split end opposite of Antonio Brown at flanker.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Lance Moore will contribute greatly for us, but hasn't he always been a slot receiver? I can't see him playing split end opposite of Antonio Brown at flanker.
    Brown will make his own matchups all over. I can see Moore playing a lot of flanker in the way Haley used Terry Glenn in dallas. I really hope wheaton catches on in the offense, but he is such an unknown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The drop off in talent between Heath and any other TE we have is huge. When he was hurt we could not make up for that lack of talent.