Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Steelers coach Chuck Noll dies

Legend

User Info Menu

gregg rosenthal @greggrosenthal:

Strange to think of the Rooney family as local laughingstocks, but that’s what they were before Noll.

Chuck Noll took over the Steelers in 1969. At that point, they had played 34 years with one playoff game. A loss.

[URL]https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

A great coach but an even better person. One of a kind.Without him the Steelers as we know them would not exist.People like him are the difference between this organization and all others ! RIP Coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Although I'm getting up there in age, I seldom feel old. But I feel old right now. Old and sad.

Starter

User Info Menu

RIP Chuck....A great coach and true renaissance man.

Legend

User Info Menu

A sad day for Steelers fans. Emperor Chaz was one of the greatest coaches of all time. He should have a statue outside Heinz Field.

Backup

User Info Menu

Very sad new. RIP
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I asked him once for a photo and he was kind enough to stop and smile and allow the photo. Just a very special person.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think of Noll and the word honor comes to mind each time. This was an honorable person and with that honor he built upon it with intelligence, fairness and the desire to be the best that he could be. My father has been the greatest man in my life and was we watched the Steelers, when Noll had taken over Chuck Noll was the only man I seen my father admire openly. He would always say, that is a good, tough and intelligent man. He takes no nonsense and he knows and has a plan for everything that he does.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what you're doing.- Chuck Noll

Backup

User Info Menu

If Goodell has ANY Class at all, then at LEAST....for this season, the Super Bowl Trophy should be changed from the Lombardi Trophy to the " Noll Trophy "