Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Steelers coach Chuck Noll dies

One of the all-time great coaches - he knew how to assemble a team and get everyone on the same page.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

The architect of my lifelong passion...damn. RIP Coach Noll! I'll be sure to raise up a Miller Lite in your honor tonight.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Legend
    We shoulda told him we loved him while he was still here.

I feel a little in shock even though I haven't thought about Chuck in ages. Still, his teams were who we grew up watching. And even though we never got to know him really, we shared a passion. And that's a pretty cool connection.

RIP Chuck!!!

Let's win #7 for Chuck!!!!

Pro Bowler
    I didn't know he was suffering from Alzheimer's. That is a crappy deal for everyone. But he lived a full life, to say the least. RIP, Chaz.

Surely a sad day for Steeler Nation, but one that we all must face eventually. Although I was born I 1989 and never experienced the dynasty of Chuck Nolls 1970s Steelers, those teams have propelled my love for this team because of the examples they set. Lets go get number 7 in memory of one of the all time greatest coachs!!!!

Legend
    RIP. Never knew he suffered from Alzheimers.

Homage and highest of football and human reverence to the greatest of all coaches for us, and a great man beyond his coaching.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Backup
    A legend moves on.

The team needs no further motivation to win it all this year. Without Chuck, The Steelers are not The Steelers.

End of story.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    RIP. Never knew he suffered from Alzheimers.
    Same here. Knew about the back problems but never knew about the Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    The architect of my lifelong passion...damn. RIP Coach Noll! I'll be sure to raise up a Miller Lite in your honor tonight.
    You're toasting the greatest coach of all time with diet beer?