Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal on table for Worilds

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Deal on table for Worilds

Reported be Ed B and it's a take it or leave it deal, been on the table for a while.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict he leaves it on the table.

Never understood why we gave him 10 mill for 1 year...

Legend

User Info Menu

he turned it down yesterday
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds Passed On Steelers Offer

By Ed Bouchette
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

--- Turns out, the Steelers made Jason Worilds a multi-year contract offer awhile ago, sources say. His side did not accept it. I have no idea what that offer was, but I am told that offer stands and they will go no higher, that he either takes it or plays this season for the $9.7 million one-year deal he signed as their transition player.

[URL]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/06/12/Worilds-Passed-On-Steelers-Offer.html[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Steelers typically give out what they consider fair contracts for both sides. It sounds to me if he doesn't accept the offer by training camp, he won't be a Steeler next year because the offer will come off the table. It's not the way the Steelers operate.

At this point, the Steelers will be looking for another OLB for next season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers typically give out what they consider fair contracts for both sides. It sounds to me if he doesn't accept the offer by training camp, he won't be a Steeler next year because the offer will come off the table. It's not the way the Steelers operate.

At this point, the Steelers will be looking for another OLB for next season.
    I agree, but i dont think its that cut and dry. If he plays abnormally well this year im sure they will up the offer or franchise him, i dont think this is the only deal he will be offered, just the only one this year before he actually proves himself

Legend

User Info Menu

I suspect the Steelers plan on grabbing an OLB in the first round next year. I could actually see the Steelers drafting another Buckeye in the first round next season...Noah Spence. The guy is a wrecking ball.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I suspect the Steelers plan on grabbing an OLB in the first round next year. I could actually see the Steelers drafting another Buckeye in the first round next season...Noah Spence. The guy is a wrecking ball.
    Is he a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE that will need to learn the 3-4 OLB position? Or, just for Ovi, is next year when the Steelers convert to 4-3?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shilique Calhoun or Vic Beasley would be lovelllyyyyyy

I think Jarvis Jones has a break out year. If they dont retain worilds theres always the chance of Shazier kicking outside as well.

I think Heyward and Tuitt improve the pass rush significantly this year, the LBs are going to have a field day

Legend

User Info Menu

Per my earlier remarks, I'm not surprised he declined to sign. He's got a sweet deal ...he makes almost $10 million for this season; if he has a decent year he can hit the market afterwards, and he's got a good chance to "win the lottery."

Steelers probably thought the $9.7 mil was buying them time to sign Worilds to a reasonable contract...To fork out that big $$$ and then lose him after this season, well, that would have to sting a bit, I'd think.