Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal on table for Worilds

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

4yrs $24million w/10 mil signing bonus/18mil guaranteed or let him walk. not a penny more. remember him signing his tag early, and saying he wanted to stay in pittsburgh. maybe his agent is the problem. same thing with tuitt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    4yrs $24million w/10 mil signing bonus/18mil guaranteed or let him walk. not a penny more. remember him signing his tag early, and saying he wanted to stay in pittsburgh. maybe his agent is the problem. same thing with tuitt.
    On one side:

Why would Worilds agree to a 4 year deal with a $10 million signing bonus when he is guaranteed to get nearly $10 million for 1 year if he just play 2014 under the terms of the transition tag?

On the other side:

Why would the team even consider guaranteeing three quarters of the total value of a 4 year contract for a guy who has dealt with some sort of lingering injury every year (including a calf injury already in OTA's)?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On one side:

Why would Worilds agree to a 4 year deal with a $10 million signing bonus when he is guaranteed to get nearly $10 million for 1 year if he just play 2014 under the terms of the transition tag?

On the other side:

Why would the team even consider guaranteeing three quarters of the total value of a 4 year contract for a guy who has dealt with some sort of lingering injury every year (including a calf injury already in OTA's)?
    If he refuses a longer deal, chances are, he may produce even less than last year, and end up screwing himself and have to settle for a smaller deal after this season. I am not wishing injury on him, as we need him, but he could be getting too greedy. If he misses 5-7 games from injury, no one is going to be offering top $. Kind of like when Harrison refused the deal they offered him; he ended up having to take far less than Pgh offered and now he isn't on any roster at all.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

He gets 2 seasons guaranteed in case of injury(very likely considering his history) and if that happens the steelers can spread it out over 4yrs to lesson the cap damage. If he is asking for more then let him walk after this year and use the money on extensions, FA and/or draft an OLB in 1st or 2nd rd next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been on his side often over the past couple of years, at least from the standpoint that I've been quite hopeful that he'd break out but I can't imagine giving him big bucks with 8 games of solid production under his belt. If he turns into the second coming of Deebo this year, great for him and for his future.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He will never be Deebo. Harrison is very special. He had an amazing collection of physical and mental traits, including tremendous leverage, strength, and a nasty streak. I don't see JW ever with that summary of skills. He could be solid, but JH was DMVP material. I don't see JW ever being that good, even IF he can stay healthy enough to be on the field every game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what if he doesn't dominate? Just sayin'...
    He was dominant in some of the 8 games this year, so there's no reason to think he want playing for a new contract baring injury.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    He was dominant in some of the 8 games this year, so there's no reason to think he want playing for a new contract baring injury.
    This team has employed the likes of James Harrison, Joey Porter, and Greg Lloyd at OLB since switching from the 4-3 to the 3-4. We know what dominant OLB play looks like. Nothing I saw from him last season even approached that level of dominance. So far, watching Worilds, he's Carlos Emmons on a bad day, Clark Haggans on an average day, and Jason Gildon on a good day.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is my scenario for the year ...

• Worilds sprains ankle on first series of the first game
    • Sean Spence comes into the lineup and bumps Shazier to the outside
    • They become the best quartet of linebackers in Steeler history
    • Worilds never sees the field in a Steeler uniform again

Write it down ... oops ... I guess I just did.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This team has employed the likes of James Harrison, Joey Porter, and Greg Lloyd at OLB since switching from the 4-3 to the 3-4. We know what dominant OLB play looks like. Nothing I saw from him last season even approached that level of dominance. So far, watching Worilds, he's Carlos Emmons on a bad day, Clark Haggans on an average day, and Jason Gildon on a good day.
    I think he has the potential to be a tad better than Emmons and Haggans, but he doesn't likely have the ability to be a Gildon in his prime. I know we are a little tainted from JG's last season or two, but before he was reduced to "titty fighting" he is the all-time sack leader in team history. That is saying something. JW won't ever attain a level any where near that status.