Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Deal on table for Worilds

Per Mark Kaboly (Trib-Review):
    The Steelers have NOT made a contract extension offer to Worilds since he signed his transition tag tender offer, and the two sides have NOT had any contract talks, according to a source.

Flat out contradicts Bouchette's report.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The Steelers have NOT made a contract extension offer to Worilds since he signed his transition tag tender offer, and the two sides have NOT had any contract talks, according to a source.

if I have to believe either Ed or Kaboly, I'm going with Ed...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell @jimwexell:

@StevenATimmes: has Worilds taken part in team practice the past two days? Previous 2 days. Not today. He looks explosive when plays.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
    Bruce Davis looked explosive too

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if I have to believe either Ed or Kaboly, I'm going with Ed...
    Don't know...Ed has made his share of mistakes, too...Most recently, for example, his report that Dri Archer had blown off OTAs...

Don't know...Ed has made his share of mistakes, too...Most recently, for example, his report that Dri Archer had blown off OTAs...
    very true...

Kaboly, the guy who was sure Plaxico was coming here? The same guy who guaranteed that Max Starks would not return and then, in an act of cowardice, immediately deleted his report after Starks resigned? That Mark Kaboly? He has absolutely no credibility.

Ed's been wrong at times, too, but lots of people seemed to miss on the Dri Archer story. I'd take Ed (who I don't care for) over Kaboly in a battle of credibility, and it isn't close.

The only reliable source IMO is Gerry Dulac. Ed B makes a lot of ****ttt up.

Sounds as though Scott Brown agrees with Kaboly:

@ScottBrown_ESPN Out of Ben, Cortez, Gilbert, Worilds... Who gets a new deal before the end of camp this year?
    20 Jun 2014

@ScottBrown_ESPN: I think Cortez Allen is the most likely of the players you listed to sign a multi-year contract. The Steelers, in my opinion, have little choice since he is the only long-term starting cornerback on the roster right now. The Steelers have not approached Jason Worilds about a new deal since he signed the one-year, $9.754 million contract they had to offer the outside linebacker when they used the transition tag on him. I think they will wait to see what he does this season, which will be his first one as a full-time starter, before offering the kind of deal Worilds is likely seeking. I think Ben Roethlisberger signs a new deal after this season since he still has two years left on his contract, andI'm wondering if the Steelers take a wait-and-see approach with Marcus Gilbert. He has been OK at right tackle but I'm not sure the Steelers make a long-term investment in him, especially since they can turn to Mike Adams if Gilberts walks after this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...ers-draft-slot

Sounds as though Scott Brown agrees with Kaboly:

@ScottBrown_ESPN:.............especially since they can turn to Mike Adams if Gilberts walks after this season.
    This is what I have been saying. There is NO URGENCY here. Heck I don't love Adams but while both struggle with pass blocking, Adams was better on the right than the left. I see no drop off in pass blocking and an UPGRADE in run blocking with Adams.

While I don't know their plans I would open the competition on that side period. I think Gilbert loses to Adams.

I think Gilbert is still better than Adams at this stage. I agree Adams can be dominant in the run game but his concentration lapses in pass defense would be a huge concern. I see him giving up 15 sacks a year easy even on the right side.