Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal on table for Worilds

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    First, he would have to declare as a junior which I suspect he will. Second he is listed as a DE but the Buckeyes play 4-3 and 3-4 and it's not uncommon for him to rush the QB with his hand off the ground. When the Buckeyes are in 3-4 he is an OLB has the speed to get to the QB off the edge. For his size he plays with strength often pushing back on a larger OT and getting push into the pocket. He needs some work on more moves as he has one, the speed rush. He is young and raw but I expect him to blow up this season and go in the late to mid first.
    Based on your description he will be GONE by the 32 pick of round one so the point is kinda moot.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know if a Steelers LBr got 2 sacks and got several pressures I would consider it a good day. To each their own.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Worilds Passed On Steelers Offer

By Ed Bouchette
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

--- Turns out, the Steelers made Jason Worilds a multi-year contract offer awhile ago, sources say. His side did not accept it. I have no idea what that offer was, but I am told that offer stands and they will go no higher, that he either takes it or plays this season for the $9.7 million one-year deal he signed as their transition player.

[URL]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/06/12/Worilds-Passed-On-Steelers-Offer.html[/URL]
    He should think about Anthony Spencer. Late blooming OLB, he got franchised by the Cowboys. He was hurt last year and is now playing for $3.5 million this year. The same could happen to Worilds. He didn't even make it through OTAs without another nagging injury. Given Worilds' limited track record of success, he's taking a gamble.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. 2 years of Worilds is the most I can see the Steelers ponying up for. Spence will possibly be at the top of the Steelers wish list. I want a Nostradamus if I call it a year in advance
    Yeah I'll give the kudos if you're spot on on Spence. Hell I'll even forget that 4th round grade you had on that O lineman that was off the board before we even picked in round one in this years draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? He had two sacks and harassed the QB all day. Not sure what you seen that wasn't "flattering".
    I'm starting to question your vision shawn... I didnt see a ton of harassment in that vid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm starting to question your vision shawn... I didnt see a ton of harassment in that vid.
    Good thing I'm not trying to impress you or I might be devastated.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Yeah I'll give the kudos if you're spot on on Spence. Hell I'll even forget that 4th round grade you had on that O lineman that was off the board before we even picked in round one in this years draft.
    lol...I knew he would be off the board. I was very glad he was off the board before we picked. Lets see if Lewan proves me wrong. If he becomes worthy of his high first round pick I will own it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good thing I'm not trying to impress you or I might be devastated.
    and all this time I thought it was all about me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hope the pay Worilds for what he's worth to this team within our salary limits for 3 years, and nothing more. He needs to show durability for a longer term contract. Learn from the Woodley experience.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad. He is not a "franchise" type defender. You want to pay guys like Porter or Lloyd that kind of dough. Even Woodley (at the time), I was OK with. (Little did I realize, he was that type of guy who mailed it in.)

Worilds is a supporting player, pure and simple. Potentially a good one... but still, supporting. To pay him like an elite, main cog in your defense, is a mistake.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.