Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey extened for 5 more years ($44 million with $13 million signing bonus)

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I base my opinion on the play of Velasco. He stepped in nicely for Pouncey with no noticeable drop off in play.
    He played admirably...but they scrapped all of the ZBS stuff too, who know how that would have turned out.

Ben took the least beating ever last season, but that was this quick short offense not a brick wall of protection.....pouncey would have made a difference. They might have won a superbowl with hartwig but hartwig led the league in sacks given up for a center over the course of 5 year THREE years after he was out of football...that is an insane stat.

Who knows...maybe bell would have ripped off a few longer runs, maybe ben wouldnt have thrown an interception, maybe they would have not needed succop to make a kick at the end of the year to make the playoffs.

Pounceys value to the team took a beating in the eyes of the fans because his backup wasnt absolutely terrible

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    of course you don't.

Most people on here don't understand why the FO and players speak so highly of him

but you do?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Starter
    so if AB goes down (knock on wood) and we go 9-7 it means AB is replaceable or his replacement is better?
    In the event that the above happens.. if AB's replacement is able to produce as AB did...then, yea, I will say at that point that he is replaceable.

Starter
    not sure if he's 8 times better but he is probably 8 times more valuable to our team than Velasco.
    WOW... and you've claimed in the past that I have "Reached"...

Pro Bowler
    Also pouncey is only 24...thats not even matured physically for an NFL offensive lineman. Hes already shown that he can play at a high level but there is legit room for improvement, especially under munchak

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    we cant speculate how the season would have went if pouncey didnt get hurt....but i like to think they would be a better team having their best offesnvie linemen

Hell maybe they wouldnt have started 0-4
    I agree. We likely would have been better with a healthy MP... especially when you consider his back up came in off of the street with no prep time.

Legend
    13 mill bonus.. this contract is EXTREMELY friendly to the cap. If Worilds doesn't resign it isn't because of Pouncey. That's like blaming AB for losing Wallace...
    I would actually complement not blame Brown for our loss of Wallace which long term will prove to be no loss at all.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure I can agree with you on this one. If AB was out last season I don't think the Steelers win more than 5 games. He was a wrecking ball. Pouncey was replaceable. AB isn't.
    At least one analysis agrees with you. He was rated #1 WR in the league in "true receiving yards"....better than Megatron, Marshall, Green, Boldin.... ..etc. (will post later after I relocate it....)

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would actually complement not blame Brown for our loss of Wallace which long term will prove to be no loss at all.
    Addition through subtraction. MW'd bad/stupid mental state spread to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I suspect that Munchak had input into this decision. I suspect that if Munchak had said "No, it's too much for a guy who's easily replaceable", we wouldn't have made the deal.
    what are you trying to do, introduce logic into this discussion?