Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey extened for 5 more years ($44 million with $13 million signing bonus)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    agree 100%. Pouncey proved to be replaceable last season. We haven't done that yet with AB.
    so if AB goes down (knock on wood) and we go 9-7 it means AB is replaceable or his replacement is better?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    so if AB goes down (knock on wood) and we go 9-7 it means AB is replaceable or his replacement is better?
    I base my opinion on the play of Velasco. He stepped in nicely for Pouncey with no noticeable drop off in play.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I love when people cite wallace and velasco playing admirably as being better than pouncey lol

is pouncey 8 times better than those guys?
    would the team be better with one of those 1 million dollar centers and 2 good FA's or better just with pouncey?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

we cant speculate how the season would have went if pouncey didnt get hurt....but i like to think they would be a better team having their best offesnvie linemen

Hell maybe they wouldnt have started 0-4

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    would the team be better with one of those 1 million dollar centers and 2 good FA's or better just with pouncey?
    Youd think they were spending your money

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    not sure if he's 8 times better but he is probably 8 times more valuable to our team than Velasco.

I suspect that Munchak had input into this decision. I suspect that if Munchak had said "No, it's too much for a guy who's easily replaceable", we wouldn't have made the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    not sure if he's 8 times better but he is probably 8 times more valuable to our team than Velasco.
    Ehh...not sure where you get that.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree with you on Worilds. If he has a 10+ sack season and we can't resign him because of the cap space taken up by Pouncey then I would have a concern. Who is more important to this team, a Center or double digit sack producing OLB?
    13 mill bonus.. this contract is EXTREMELY friendly to the cap. If Worilds doesn't resign it isn't because of Pouncey. That's like blaming AB for losing Wallace...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ehh...not sure where you get that.
    of course you don't.

Most people on here don't understand why the FO and players speak so highly of him