Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey extened for 5 more years ($44 million with $13 million signing bonus)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I know people are down on Worilds, but I think he's on the verge of something great. He pretty much played behind Pro Bowlers and been unlucky but watch him this year. Every time he came in because of injury, he was stellar.
    I agree with you on Worilds. If he has a 10+ sack season and we can't resign him because of the cap space taken up by Pouncey then I would have a concern. Who is more important to this team, a Center or double digit sack producing OLB?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is the question with Pouncey...can he stay healthy? Or are we getting a player who will be missing 20% of the games over the term of the contract? In the team I trust but this one is a head scratcher. I would think locking Ben down would be moreimportnat to the team and give them better insight into what they had to work with cap wise going forward.
    I agree with you on Worilds. If he has a 10+ sack season and we can't resign him because of the cap space taken up by Pouncey then I would have a concern. Who is more important to this team, a Center or double digit sack producing OLB?
    fwiw Worilds hasnt exactly been iron man when it comes to staying healthy

Worilds is garbage, I hate that they are paying him $10 million. Hes a 2nd/3rd tier pass rusher. It was nice to see him finally win a few matchups last season but hes very replaceable. hes here because they have no experienced LBs behind him. Rental player

Side note, Thaddeus gibson is tearing it up in canada....he was a big time man crush of mine that year but fell victim to a numbers game to keep aaron smith off of IR

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Side note, Thaddeus gibson is tearing it up in canada....he was a big time man crush of mine that year but fell victim to a numbers game to keep aaron smith off of IR
    Oh, please. The Steelers, 49ers, Texans, Redskins, Bears, Titans, and Cowboys all gave him a shot, and he has a grand total of 3 NFL tackles to show for it.

He signed in Canada a month ago and played his first game for the Toronto Argonauts earlier this week, and was credited with one whole special teams tackle. If that's not tearing it up, I don't know what is.

Thad was not a good LBr. Didn't want him. Speed guys who don't like contact are not Steelers.

are you Thaddeus Gibson's Mom? only she would think one special teams tackle in the only game he's played in Canada so far is "tearing it up"...

Pro Bowler
    That is the question with Pouncey...can he stay healthy? Or are we getting a player who will be missing 20% of the games over the term of the contract? In the team I trust but this one is a head scratcher. I would think locking Ben down would be moreimportnat to the team and give them better insight into what they had to work with cap wise going forward.
    Pouncey isn't injury prone. He was bad luck prone. A huge factor that was on Pouncey's side is that he is still a young man.

I believe that injury was taken into consideration with the signing bonus they offered Pouncey. The reported signing bonus they offered Pouncey didn't break the bank. As a result, it won't hurt the franchise over a long period of time if Pouncey doesn't work out for whatever reason. If they had offered Pouncey 30 million signing bonus then I wouldn't agree with the deal. Considering all the factors, Pouncey received a fair deal that doesn't hurt the team, made the Steelers look good to their own & other players, and gave incentive for Pouncey to perform well and feel valued coming off a serious injury. This type of signing is why some players love to play for the Steelers. The Steelers generally seem to treat their players fairly. As a result, I believe it keeps many players from leaving the team when they become FA's.

The Steelers can take a wait and see approach with Ben for another year. Ben will have his turn at some point.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Oh, please. The Steelers, 49ers, Texans, Redskins, Bears, Titans, and Cowboys all gave him a shot, and he has a grand total of 3 NFL tackles to show for it.

He signed in Canada a month ago and played his first game for the Toronto Argonauts earlier this week, and was credited with one whole special teams tackle. If that's not tearing it up, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Thad was not a good LBr. Didn't want him. Speed guys who don't like contact are not Steelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    are you Thaddeus Gibson's Mom? only she would think one special teams tackle in the only game he's played in Canada so far is "tearing it up"...
    Relax....It was kind of a joke saying when we lose worilds......i do not watch canadian football.

Just stumbled upon this the other day

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...2010-nfl-draft

I did love him as a prospect though...perfectly build for a rush OLB. I hated seeing him go, thought he was a good developmental guy

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure I can agree with you on this one. If AB was out last season I don't think the Steelers win more than 5 games. He was a wrecking ball. Pouncey was replaceable. AB isn't.
    agree 100%. Pouncey proved to be replaceable last season. We haven't done that yet with AB.

Legend
    I love when people cite wallace and velasco playing admirably as being better than pouncey lol
    we won games with them last year....we won GAMES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we won games with them last year....we won GAMES!!!!
    We lost just as many, hopefully, now we'll win more than we lose and get to pay in the end of the year tournament.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll