Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey extened for 5 more years ($44 million with $13 million signing bonus)

Pro Bowler
    I love when people cite wallace and velasco playing admirably as being better than pouncey lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Actually Allen finished the year pretty strong showing growth. If not Allen then who?
    I know people are down on Worilds, but I think he's on the verge of something great. He pretty much played behind Pro Bowlers and been unlucky but watch him this year. Every time he came in because of injury, he was stellar.

Top paid center in the league? He hasn't played like the top center in the league, IMO (although he had a great rookie season). I'm mildly surprised he got this deal, considering his history of injuries (and yes, I know they weren't all his fault). Here's hoping he stays injury-free for years, and lives up to this contract.

Pro Bowler
    Allen looks good on outside stuff, but struggles on the inside passes where he has to sink his hips and pivot inward.

I think he has a break out year. You dont have to be the best corner to be good in the steelers defense. They are addressing the pass rush which was the biggest reason for poor secondary play last season. Key to being good at playing CB in the steelers defense is understanding it and being comfortable.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Top paid center in the league? He hasn't played like the top center in the league, IMO (although he had a great rookie season). I'm mildly surprised he got this deal, considering his history of injuries (and yes, I know they weren't all his fault). Here's hoping he stays injury-free for years, and lives up to this contract.
    top paid on paper if you go 44/8

But not anything guaranteed past 2014, he wont be making $44 million, probably around $30 million.

Munchak gushes over him, i think theres a lot to be excited about

Hall of Famer
    Hate all you want...I'm Glad he is a Steeler!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...f-628b336ff401

Great teams and organizations (like us) don't let players of this caliber leave. Could they have gotten him for a little less? Perhaps but that imho is not a big deal.
    I look at this as one step closer to #7.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Hate all you want...I'm Glad he is a Steeler!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...f-628b336ff401
    Must say that was beautiful. "There's true love here".......nice.

7 wins?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When healthy, I think an argument could be made for either one, but since Antonio has been able to stay healthy to this point while Pouncey has dealt with numerous injury issues, Brown gets the nod right now.
    That is the question with Pouncey...can he stay healthy? Or are we getting a player who will be missing 20% of the games over the term of the contract? In the team I trust but this one is a head scratcher. I would think locking Ben down would be moreimportnat to the team and give them better insight into what they had to work with cap wise going forward.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!