Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Steelers not expected to bring back Ike Taylor

  1. #1
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,182

    Steelers not expected to bring back Ike Taylor

    Steelers not expected to bring back Ike Taylor

    Submitted by Dana Draper on January 27, 2015



    According to Larry Hartstein of CBSSports.com, the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to pass on re-signing soon to be free agent cornerback Ike Taylor.

    Taylor, 34, sustained several injuries during the 2014 and had 16 tackles in five games.

    The cornerback has been with the Steelers for his entire 12-year career.

    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_18163457

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,601
    It is time. Glad he was a Steeler until the end.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    It is time. Glad he was a Steeler until the end.
    I agree with both statements.

    I hope that Ike remains involved in the team in some capacity, but not as a player.

  4. #4
    He was a solid #2 CB.

    That should tell you how our secondary has been of late.
    Don't think we have had a solid #1 shutdown corner for a long time now.

  5. #5
    Starter Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    780
    It was only a matter of time...finally has happened. He played with swag but age and time caught up to him. Maybe he can retire and come back as an assistant secondary coach like Porter with the linebackers.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,761
    Troy should be next...

    Love you pal, but it's time.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    He was a solid #2 CB.

    That should tell you how our secondary has been of late.
    Don't think we have had a solid #1 shutdown corner for a long time now.
    Look at the work that Ike did against guys like Chad Johnson and even AJ Green. Ike was absolutely a #1 CB; he couldn't catch or get turnovers, but he routinely covered the oppponent's #1 and did a great job until age caught up with him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Look at the work that Ike did against guys like Chad Johnson and even AJ Green. Ike was absolutely a #1 CB; he couldn't catch or get turnovers, but he routinely covered the oppponent's #1 and did a great job until age caught up with him.
    To me he did do this, but for a year or two. He was to inconsistent to be a conisidered a shut down corner over the length of his career. He will be missed though.

  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    878
    It sad that the final image we had of Ike was him getting absolutely torched by AJ Green. When you stay to long, you end up tarnishing your own legacy. I hope Troy gets out now before he has to suffer a similar tarnishing.

  10. #10
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,270
    He didn't "tarnish" his legacy. It happens to nearly every great player eventually.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •