Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Pouncey extened for 5 more years ($44 million with $13 million signing bonus)

  1. #111
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I will say is most TN fans were fond of the guy, thought he played well and were shocked when he was cut including several beat writers. Teams do make mistakes. Velasco isn't a star but he is a solid center.
    The main issue is that the guy who cut him in Tennessee is now in charge of the OL in Pittsburgh.

  2. #112
    I can see that.

  3. #113
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I will say is most TN fans were fond of the guy, thought he played well and were shocked when he was cut including several beat writers. Teams do make mistakes. Velasco isn't a star but he is a solid center.
    I think the key word is "FANS"

    I agree that teams make mistakes but so do fans. Half the fans in Pittsburgh would celebrate if we traded Ben tomorrow.

  4. #114
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Half the fans in Pittsburgh would celebrate if we traded Ben tomorrow.
    I don't agree with this statement at all, most Steelers fans realize that Ben is by far our best hope for a 7th Lombardi.

  5. #115
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,894
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't agree with this statement at all, most Steelers fans realize that Ben is by far our best hope for a 7th Lombardi.
    But many of them would be happy to see him go because they think he is a serial rapist because news reports told them so, and they did not bother to look into the ridiculous facts of either case to see why not only wasn't Ben ever found guilty of anything, he was never even charged with anything.

  6. #116
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't agree with this statement at all, most Steelers fans realize that Ben is by far our best hope for a 7th Lombardi.
    Have you been to Pittsburgh lately?

  7. #117
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    But many of them would be happy to see him go because they think he is a serial rapist because news reports told them so, and they did not bother to look into the ridiculous facts of either case to see why not only wasn't Ben ever found guilty of anything, he was never even charged with anything.
    There is a reason Terry Bradshaw didn't return to the city for years...

    Pittsburghers always have it out for the QB regardless of his success.

  8. #118
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,894
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Have you been to Pittsburgh lately?
    He's surfing while the rest of us are shoveling our driveways.

  9. #119
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Have you been to Pittsburgh lately?
    no, I've been buried at work and stuck here in Hawaii...


  10. #120
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,186
    Not a center playing better football than pouncey right now....overpaid POS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •