Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Steelers RG DeCastro, OL starting to stabilize

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,045
    I thought this was an interesting quote:

    "Decastro is a clumsy oaf" - Pouncey's ACL

    Hopefully there's no dissension this season...

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Gilbert definitely improved.... I had ZERO faith in him but he held up and didn't come out of every other game with a boo boo like he did the year before.
    He's probably a league average RT. I'd like to see a bit more consistency from him, but he is part of a line that did a pretty credible job at the end of last season. I ultimately think that Adams has more upside at RT - he's the better run blocker, and if Muchak can work on his pass protection, I'm holding out hope that he could be the long term solution.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,278
    Gilbert is a middle of the pack tackle, but i think Adams will be the future at RT. Munchak worked magic before, hes got the clay now he just has to sculpt it.

    Very excited to see the foster/Pouncey/decastro interior, it will definitely make the tackles job easier

  4. #14
    I think the main problem with Adams is him keeping a fire in his belly and being able to stay focused through a whole game let alone a whole season. I don't think Adams wants to be great. I think he is ok with being enough. That is the main problem with him, few can deny the guys physical skills. What is scary is physically Adams could be one of the most dominating RTs in the NFL. Can Munchak be the first to light that fire and keep it lit? Man, I hope so.

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think the main problem with Adams is him keeping a fire in his belly.
    If you want to keep a fire in your belly, it's probably not a good idea to take a knife to the stomach.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He's probably a league average RT. I'd like to see a bit more consistency from him, but he is part of a line that did a pretty credible job at the end of last season. I ultimately think that Adams has more upside at RT - he's the better run blocker, and if Muchak can work on his pass protection, I'm holding out hope that he could be the long term solution.
    probably true... Gilbert was awful 2 years ago so improving on that doesn't make him much more than slightly average last year IMO.

    Adams may have upside but he tanked in that Minnesota game. I want to believe it was jetlag though because he looked like a zombie. I blame the coaches on that one cause clearly he was off that game.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If you want to keep a fire in your belly, it's probably not a good idea to take a knife to the stomach.
    You're on a roll today.

  8. #18
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You're on a roll today.
    It's no Rainbow Pony day, but it's not bad.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's no Rainbow Pony day, but it's not bad.
    Oh man...I need a good laugh today.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •