Thread: Steelers to wear patch commemorating first championship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers to wear patch commemorating first championship

Steelers to wear patch commemorating first championship
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 10, 2014, 6:46 AM EDT

It took the Steelers 42 years to win an NFL championship. It’s been 40 years since that happened.

The Steelers have announced that the team will wear a patch to commemorate the victory in Super Bowl IX by wearing a patch against the Saints on Sunday, November 30. The Steelers won that game in New Orleans, against the Vikings at Tulane Stadium.

Players from the ’74 Steelers will be recognized at halftime of the game against the Saints, which is currently set for a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff on FOX but which could in theory be flexed to prime time.

The Steelers are embarking on a six-year window for 40-year anniversaries. The Team of the ’70s also won Super Bowl X, Super Bowl XIII, and Super Bowl XIV.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/10/steelers-to-wear-patch-commemorating-first-championship/[/URL]

Personally, I really like the incorporation of the ring design in the "40."

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The patch design is really nice. I wonder if they will sell them?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope the network shows that half time celebration.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]