Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who says Carroll is an Innovator on Defense?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I didn't say anything about rookies...

I'm talking about finding vets and journeymen and throwing them in and getting great results.
    Which is what LeBeau has done as well...

The Steelers have definitely built through the draft, but they have also signed free agents who were undervalued and flourished in LeBeau's system:

Most notably James Farrior and Ryan Clark...

Legend

User Info Menu

While we are talking about Seattle's defense, am I the only one who thinks Richard Sherman is overrated? I would much rather have a Joe Haden or Patrick Peterson, who seem to get much less attention because they play in Cleveland and Arizona. Of course, on the other hand, I would love me some Earl Thomas.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    While we are talking about Seattle's defense, am I the only one who thinks Richard Sherman is overrated? I would much rather have a Joe Haden or Patrick Peterson, who seem to get much less attention because they play in Cleveland and Arizona. Of course, on the other hand, I would love me some Earl Thomas.
    no.. Sherman isn't overrated at all.

Peterson does return punts though...

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe that he is overrated, mostly because he will tell you that he is the best CB in the league, and many believe what he says...but I don't think he is. I think that not enough weight is placed on what Patrick Peterson says, and it is something that I've been saying as well for years regarding Ike. A CB whose assignment is consistently the other team's #1 WR has a far more difficult job than a CB who plays a side. The assignments are night and day. If you are not strong enough to be considered for the #1 WR assignment, then you should not be in the conversation of best CB in the game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I would like to see the officials actually call Seattle's DBs for every PI instead of just the first few before letting it go...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I would like to see the officials actually call Seattle's DBs for every PI instead of just the first few before letting it go...
    I would actually like to see us do the same thing as Seattle... they won't call it on every play so why not take a few chances?

Legend

User Info Menu

but does that make him overrated? Is he top 5? Is he one of the best in the league?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would actually like to see us do the same thing as Seattle... they won't call it on every play so why not take a few chances?
    They'll call it on us every play...

Legend

User Info Menu

I would take him over any CB we have or have had in the past 15 years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sherman mouth make people turn their heads, but the truth be is the best in the game hands down. And yes better than what e have had in the last 15.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]