Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger says Steelers will run more no-huddle this year

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sorry, doubting Thomas here.

    Heard and read the same thing last year.

    Like the saying goes..."fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......"

    I think the Steelers would like to run the no-huddle more, but for various reason never are able.
    Ummm, they DID run MORE no huddle last year. Open your eyes and you won't get "fooled" so much.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sorry, doubting Thomas here.

    Heard and read the same thing last year.

    Like the saying goes..."fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......"

    I think the Steelers would like to run the no-huddle more, but for various reason never are able.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

    The Steelers ran at least 15 no-huddle plays in each of the final nine games of the season. The Steelers went 6-3 during that span and averaged more than 10 points more per game compared to the first seven games.

    The Steelers ran 239 no-huddle plays last year, or 23 percent of their plays. Roethlisberger was extremely successful in the offense completing 102 of 163 passes for 1,221 yards and 10 of his 28 touchdowns.
    Apparently, they used it quite a bit, especially in the second half of the season...

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,554
    The success in the second part of last year was largely because of increased use of the no huddle which kept defenses off balance. I do expect we will see more of it.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #14
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,607
    With only Antonio Brown and Heath Miller as targets who are well versed in this offense, if they want to run more no huddle, the deciding factor for who gets the most playing time with them out there may be more between the ears than physical, since you have to know what you are doing in order to run the no huddle effectively. You can't be thinking out there...you have to know for sure what you are doing in order to be effective.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With only Antonio Brown and Heath Miller as targets who are well versed in this offense, if they want to run more no huddle, the deciding factor for who gets the most playing time with them out there may be more between the ears than physical, since you have to know what you are doing in order to run the no huddle effectively. You can't be thinking out there...you have to know for sure what you are doing in order to be effective.
    I think this is part of the reason they are running it in OTA's so far. In addition to AB and Heath; Wheaton and Spaeth should not be a stranger to the play book and Moore should be able to catch on quickly.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think this is part of the reason they are running it in OTA's so far. In addition to AB and Heath; Wheaton and Spaeth should not be a stranger to the play book and Moore should be able to catch on quickly.
    Wheaton played in the no huddle, mostly in the Detroit game...while it may not be a lot, he does have actual game experience in that package....

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Haley's coming around. I'd love to see him and Ben take a big step forward from the second half of last season. If we finally get him putting Ben consistently in position to be successful, this offense can be really good. I'm really hopeful with Munchak solidifying the guys up front and improving from the performance we got out of that unit.

    It just feels like we should be able to do things offensively that no one else can really do with #7 back there. Does it all finally start to click? I hope so.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •