Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Steelers sign first round pick Ryan Shazier to four-year deal

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    We don't want that. It will ruin our agenda that St LeBeau is too old and too complex for the NFL anymore. I think our ideas on how the D should be run are much better than that old geezer.
    Yes, after drafting players for the 3/4 for DECADES, we geniuses here know if we become a 4/3 team our players will MAGICALLY become more effective.

    So Jones MUST struggle, and Shazier must bust, so we can change our defense.

    We would be a sack machine just by changing our scheme.

    After all, _________ (name the player) would get double digit sacks as a 4/3 DE.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The club must decide if it will activate the 5th year option on 1st round picks after the player's 3rd season (I believe it has to be decided upon prior to that year's draft). We just exercised our 5th year option with Cam Heyward at $6.969 million in late April.
    Correct. There is almost zero flexibility in the length of terms of these contracts. Only a few little things, such as offset language, injury guarantees, etc.

  3. #13
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    We don't want that. It will ruin our agenda that St LeBeau is too old and too complex for the NFL anymore. I think our ideas on how the D should be run are much better than that old geezer.
    If you haven't noticed, Rooney must have put a wing tip up LeBoo's back side. I think Art 2 got as sick as we did of having to hear how LeBoo despised playing rookies, or even 2nd year players in too many instances. Do you really think a 76-year old coach changed his philosophies all on his own, or did that size 11 wing tip alter his attitude a little bit. I applaud Art 2 for doing it. It was long overdue.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    If you haven't noticed, Rooney must have put a wing tip up LeBoo's back side. I think Art 2 got as sick as we did of having to hear how LeBoo despised playing rookies, or even 2nd year players in too many instances. Do you really think a 76-year old coach changed his philosophies all on his own, or did that size 11 wing tip alter his attitude a little bit. I applaud Art 2 for doing it. It was long overdue.
    When a rookie is competing against guys like James Farrior, James Harrison, Aaron Smith, and Casey Hampton for starting jobs, the rookie is going to get a seat on the bench to learn from the saavy vets.

    When a rookie is competing against guys like Vince Williams, Terrence Garvin, Cam Thomas, and Brian Arnfelt, the rookie is going to get a chance to unseat these guys for starting jobs.

    It really is just that simple. But by all means continue with your Leboo/wingtip theories.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When a rookie is competing against guys like James Farrior, James Harrison, Aaron Smith, and Casey Hampton for starting jobs, the rookie is going to get a seat on the bench to learn from the saavy vets.

    When a rookie is competing against guys like Vince Williams, Terrence Garvin, Cam Thomas, and Brian Arnfelt, the rookie is going to get a chance to unseat these guys for starting jobs.

    It really is just that simple. But by all means continue with your Leboo/wingtip theories.
    You're beating a dead horse, this has been stated over and over, sometimes at the third grade reading level in hopes that it will sink in, sadly, it has not and probably won't.

    Pappy


    1.30) TJ Watt, OLB, Wis
    2.62) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
    3.94) Cameron Sutton, CB, Tenn
    3.105) James Conner, RB, Pitt
    4.135) James Conner, RB, Pitt - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    5.156) Brian Allen, CB, Utah
    6.213) Colin Holba, LS, Louiseville
    7.24 Keion Adams, LB, W. Michigan


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Sick beats assumes that Rooney "must have put a wing tip up Leboo's back side". Then he congratulates Rooney for doing it, even though he has no idea if Rooney "did it", or that Rooney even wears a "wing tip".

    I am going to execute a vicious ad hominem attack. Sick beats is one of the dumbest tardos I have ever encountered on a message board.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •