Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ike has the best attittude

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Ike has the best attittude

[url]http://sportsglory.com/nfl/ike-taylor-call-rooney-call-lebeau-call-steeler/20353[/url]

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor won’t ever put on another NFL uniform.
    “I always want to be a Steeler,” Taylor said to the team’s website. “I don’t want to ever put on another jersey. I want to retire a Pittsburgh Steeler. That is what it boils down. I call myself a Rooney, I call myself a (Dick) LeBeau, and I call myself a Steeler. That is how I feel.”
    After missing the team’s three organized team activities last week, Taylor is practicing Monday in the first part of OTAs this week.
    Taylor said he has worked harder with coach Tom Shaw this year than he has in the previous two off seasons.
    “I am working more on explosiveness,” he said. “Coach Shaw has gone back to the old school New Orleans workouts, you have to pass out before you come and talk to him. We drink the water, but we are going all the way in. I have been at my best when we had that mindset in the offseason. I said coach put me to the breaking point.”
    Taylor, in the final year of his contract, said he’s entering his 12th NFL season healthy.
    “I feel good. I have been banged up,” he said. “I have had bruises, injuries, and a lot of stuff. I have just been working through it. I feel like this year I am finally healthy and it’s going to be a good year for me and the organization.
    “Regardless of what my contract says, I am going to stretch it out as much as possible. This is what I like to do. I like OTAs training camp minicamp training camp, I like going through it with the guys, I like going through the process. I am not going anywhere. I am lifer. When it comes to Pittsburgh, I am a lifer.”

Legend

User Info Menu

What is there not to like about Ike? A great Steeler from day one.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    What is there not to like about Ike?

Pappy
    his hands?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    his hands?
    Ok, I'll give you that one.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, I'll give you that one.

Pappy
    TWO things........right hand AND left hand.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Completely agree. Through good times and bad, he's been a consummate professional and a great team player.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Pappy
    His hands and his performance last year. We all know that his hands are a lost cause, but I have hope that Ike will perform better this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    His hands and his performance last year. We all know that his hands are a lost cause, but I have hope that Ike will perform better this year.
    I'd be happy if he just gets his hands on the ball and bats it down as opposed to last year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I wasn't really asking about one year, the article was about his career and thoughts of playing elsewhere to finish his career. Hopefully, he will rebound this year, if he doesn't he will still have been a great Steeler, regardless of hands and last year, IMO.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

When guys see someone like Ike, is it hard for anyone to not understand why we dislike guys like Mike Wallace. Steelers lifer is special for the fans. Guys who take the money and run are just footnotes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"