Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Young QB has small window of opportunity with Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Who gives a rats ass what the patriots do?

More silly logic
    Only the entire ESPN empire...

That said, the Patriots have become a model because they have been producing a winning team year in and out (even with one year without Brady). We might not like them, but I can at least respect that they might know a thing or two.

Their recent drafting history is very suspect

Not sure why everyone fawns over them, but go right ahead I guess

Legend
    Their recent drafting history is very suspect

Not sure why everyone fawns over them, but go right ahead I guess
    I think you know why everyone fawns over them...

I don't like them but I still can admit they know how to make an average team play above average.

Call me one who "fawns" over Bellicheck. I actually believe him to be the best coach in football by a mile. The fact that he takes shots at QBs that don't pan out shows you that a guy who knows what he is doing sees value in taking chances in the draft to develop a premium position. He knows Brady can't play forever, and knows he needs to find someone to develop. That is what the Steelers did with Landry Jones.

Develop into what Shawn?

A servicable back up?

That seems to be what most feel landry jones ceiling is. You can sign a guy off the street for that which has always been my contention. Im sick of talking about the guy. Lets see how he does in preseason and go from there.

Develop into what Shawn?

A servicable back up?

That seems to be what most feel landry jones ceiling is. You can sign a guy off the street for that which has always been my contention. Im sick of talking about the guy. Lets see how he does in preseason and go from there.
    Stop. You have no idea what Jones will or wont be. If the Steelers missed ok. But, I'm glad to see them try to develop a legit QB college QB.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    At Oklahoma, Jones ran the spread offense, taking snaps almost exclusively in the shotgun or more abbreviated pistol formation, rarely under center. He would take that snap and quickly throw a pass, oftentimes to a predetermined receiver on a predetermined route.
    Many thought Tim Couch would be an NFL star, but, THIS is why he wasn't... he had zero experience making reads... many blame it on the Browns poor team that surrounded him, but, that wasn't it... their playbook was like 10 plays, most of them predetermined reads and quick throws, where the WR got the ball in space and made his numbers look ridiculous
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Call me one who "fawns" over Bellicheck. I actually believe him to be the best coach in football by a mile. The fact that he takes shots at QBs that don't pan out shows you that a guy who knows what he is doing sees value in taking chances in the draft to develop a premium position. He knows Brady can't play forever, and knows he needs to find someone to develop. That is what the Steelers did with Landry Jones.
    agreed on the risk. disagree on BB being the best coach in football... that tandem still hasn't won a super bowl since they made them stop cheating...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

maybe we picked Landry Jones because we were concerned that we might not be able to afford to re-sign Ben or that it might not be financially feasible?

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · Jun 5:

Word around NFL is that when Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson get new deals next year, they will come in between $24-$25 million per year.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's another example of the Steelers trying to be too cute instead of just taking the obvious picks, like the Ravens do. Ozzie's philosophy is to just keep hitting doubles all draft long. I hate the Jones pick. Almost any other position would have been more prudent.