3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Pro Bowler
    JPN - you would not be concerned about Freeman? His work ethic was questioned in Tampa where he eventually got benched and then cut. He was terrible last season as a Viking - I believe he had a 43% completion rate and lost his only start to the win less at the time Giants. Cut again. The G-men singed him and then cut him within 2 weeks recently. Talk about falling off the mountain.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    JPN - you would not be concerned about Freeman? His work ethic was questioned in Tampa where he eventually got benched and then cut. He was terrible last season as a Viking - I believe he had a 43% completion rate and lost his only start to the win less at the time Giants. Cut again. The G-men singed him and then cut him within 2 weeks recently. Talk about falling off the mountain.
    Didn't Freeman re-injure his thumb at a gun range a few years ago?

He fell off quick fast

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Didn't Freeman re-injure his thumb at a gun range a few years ago?

He fell off quick fast
    Yeah, he cut the thumb he sprained in a game and it required 5 stitches or so. He claimed it didn't make a difference in his play or delivery. But he went from "the next big thing" coming off a good year to being considered lazy and also inaccurate. Maybe there's some redemption in there somewhere but I'd be leery of bring in a guy who was cut within 2 weeks from the Giants after they said they were going to give him a shot at being the #2 behind Eli without a single practice to see what he had.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Bring in __________ Fill in blanks. I'm saying bing someone in to push Jones if Kay is only a body. Freeman has experience & is young. I don't know his story but my point is Someone so Jones has to work to get better.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Bring in __________ Fill in blanks. I'm saying bing someone in to push Jones if Kay is only a body. Freeman has experience & is young. I don't know his story but my point is Someone so Jones has to work to get better.
    Gronk is still around, isn't he? They will have at least 4 arms in camp. Watching LJ play, an undrafted free agent could easily outplay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm far more concerned about what we get from Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas than I am about the ridiculous angst over Landry who was drafted to be a back up QB for at least three years. If you want to rail against questionable decisons from the 2013 draft the former two should be in your cross hairs not Jones.
    this is some seriously flawed logic.

we actually got snaps from thomas and jarvis jones, while landry jones is struggling in OTAs again. the ridiculous angst as you put it is just people who were concerned with the selection when there were obviously bigger holes on the roster at that time.

i guess its just your bias towards defensive players rising again. thats the only thing i can come up with.

if jones struggles this badly with his accuracy in OTAs, god forbid we ever see him in a real football game.

Legend
    Its his second OTA's... I'm not too concerned with any of our picks, especially a back up QB.

back up to the back up, to be accurate

i just dont see how you can be concerned about shamarko thomas and have no worries at all about landry jones. its being intellectually dishonest, they were both 4th round picks and one of them actually got snaps and was a pretty good ST player in his rookie year. and this idea that we drafted landry jones with zero expectations until his 3-4th year borders on ridiculous. if thats the case, why draft him at all? you can find servicable back up QBs very easily, IMO. without Ben this team isnt winning dick regardless. seemed like a wasted pick then and looks like one now

like i said, time will tell but it certainly doesnt look promising

Why don't we actually let the guy play a preseason game or two in his second year before burning him at the stake.