Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 'so-so' season, Steelers CB Ike Taylor happy to be back, pay cut and all

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    On him taking a huge pay cut this year:
    "My salary is a lot of money ... for anybody,'' Taylor said. "So, I've been fortunate enough to be making a lot of money since '05. And you have to decide if you're going to put your pride aside when that time comes, and that time came. Millions are millions no matter how you look at it, and that's how I look at it.''

Ike has been characterized as a dumb fellow, but sounds to me like an astute man. He's still making millions, when he could be either out on the street, or making far less money. He made a lot better decision than a lot of "brainier" players do.

In the other thread, the discussion is about players who are leaders...Though Ike is not the kind who is a screamer, never was all-pro, and his play has declined the past couple of years, he always works out hard and seems to be able to influence others to follow his example...I'd say he is a leader.
    Good points BHd. Maybe Ike doesn't have a mansion on the left coast and a beachhouse in the Carribean to upkeep and invested wisely for this point in his life. Too many of these players seem to be careless or trust others too much when investing their salaries, then when this moment comes in there lives they are left without good choices.

Leading by example.... has ten times the effect of leading by word.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I've heard many folks say that "Robin is gay" but this is the first time that I've heard anyone say "Gay is Robin"

Ike, Cortez, and Gay now have to worry about being referred to as the Ambiguously Gay Trio.
    haha.. That's pretty awesome.