Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 158

Thread: Why is Pouncey disliked so much?

  1. #51
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It was very early in the process. They were likely still in the "My friend Aaron would never do anything like that" stage (which any of us would be if any of your close friends were suddenly and unexpectedly charged with murder).
    If you are correct, in that it was early on in the process, then I accept your point. But that is IF that is the case.

  2. #52
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It was very early in the process. They were likely still in the "My friend Aaron would never do anything like that" stage (which any of us would be if any of your close friends were suddenly and unexpectedly charged with murder).
    You don't think that the Pouncey brothers had any idea that Hernandez was a sketchy character if they were infact close friends? How is that possible? I would know if my close friends were sketchy especially to the degree of Hernandez. A potential murderer? Gang affiliations? How would you not know that your "close friends" were involved in that stuff. I wouldn't necessary end the friendship (if I didn't know) but I wouldn't sport a "Free Hernandez" hat either... especially if I didn't know if he did/did not MURDER someone.

  3. #53
    sick beats: I'll cut to the chase and the bottom line. Although you've tried to get back some of your cred with gushing, positive posts about draft picks that you originally scorned, you are still a snide little twerp.

  4. #54
    Maurkice Pouncey says brother Mike is being tortured
    Posted by Darin Gantt on June 4, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT

    Dolphins center Mike Pouncey hasn’t said much about the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin situation, other than he had no regrets, and that he doesn’t think he needs a psychiatric evaluation.

    Now, his brother says the shoe’s on the other foot, and that Mike is the one being tortured.

    “I’m really, really close with him, and for them to keep torturing him like that, man, it’s terrible for him,” Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But he’s strong and motivated about things.

    “He’s kind of just not talking to them right now, but with time, everything passes over, and that’s what we’re planning on.”

    Maurkice painted a picture of his brother as someone who can no longer show his true personality (like that hilarious draft weekend joke about receiving gifts from incoming rookies).

    “He’s outgoing like me, and it’s [tough] he has to tone it down, but they kind of take stuff and run with it,” Maurkice said. “I wish it could be a lot different for him, because I know he’s stressed out about it.”

    If only Mike had a veteran mentor in the locker room to help him deal with that pressure, you know, the kind of guy he could trust and who wouldn’t use his weaknesses against him. The kind of guy who could offer support in a time of need, and not single him out for more ridicule because of that stress.

    That would be nice.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eing-tortured/
    So Maurkice thinks little Mikey is being "tortured"? Dang...I'm trying not to dislike the guy, but he's making it difficult. Maurkice wants us to feel sorry for poor mistreated Mikey--has he ever said anything that would indicate that he feels anything close to the same kind of sympathy for Aaron Hernandez' victims?

  5. #55
    Ummm, Mike is his brother. A guy defending his brother is not as objective and analytical as a fan on a message board.

    Sympathy for Hernandez's victims? I haven't heard much sympathy from ANYONE for the victims. Not because they don't deserve it but because, in our culture today, if the killer is a celebrity, the focus is all on the celeb and not the victims. It's the same sort of reaction that occurs after a botched execution. People wring their hands because it took 45 minutes for the guy to die. They don't mention that the murder victim might have taken 10 hours to die, or was buried alive, etc.

  6. #56
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,124
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    So Maurkice thinks little Mikey is being "tortured"? Dang...I'm trying not to dislike the guy, but he's making it difficult. Maurkice wants us to feel sorry for poor mistreated Mikey--has he ever said anything that would indicate that he feels anything close to the same kind of sympathy for Aaron Hernandez' victims?
    Man, this is straight out of the political comment section playbook.

    "Obama gave a speech on Memorial Day but what about the victims of Benghazi?"

    Sorry dude but what does his support for his twin brother have to do with Hernandez murder victims?

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Ummm, Mike is his brother. A guy defending his brother is not as objective and analytical as a fan on a message board.

    Sympathy for Hernandez's victims? I haven't heard much sympathy from ANYONE for the victims. Not because they don't deserve it but because, in our culture today, if the killer is a celebrity, the focus is all on the celeb and not the victims. It's the same sort of reaction that occurs after a botched execution. People wring their hands because it took 45 minutes for the guy to die. They don't mention that the murder victim might have taken 10 hours to die, or was buried alive, etc.
    It is also possible that Hernandez' victim(s) were not nice people either...I definitely feel sympathetic for their families, however...everybody is somebody's son or daughter...

    I don't agree about the execution thing, though...it's cliche, but to me, two wrongs don't make a right...the justice system is supposed to be better than the murderers that it executes...when stuff like botched executions happen, the moral high ground is in danger of being lost...

    I should stop now. I don't want to be a serial threadjacker...

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Ummm, Mike is his brother. A guy defending his brother is not as objective and analytical as a fan on a message board.
    Poor Mike is being "tortured"? Come on. Brother or not...that's LAME.

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole
    Sympathy for Hernandez's victims? I haven't heard much sympathy from ANYONE for the victims. Not because they don't deserve it but because, in our culture today, if the killer is a celebrity, the focus is all on the celeb and not the victims. It's the same sort of reaction that occurs after a botched execution. People wring their hands because it took 45 minutes for the guy to die. They don't mention that the murder victim might have taken 10 hours to die, or was buried alive, etc.
    If you can't have sympathy for Hernandez' victims, what about their loved ones? Seems to me they've been a lot more "tortured" than a well-paid professional football player who's feeling sorry for himself over criticism about insensitive remarks.

  9. #59
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,124
    What does sympathy for loved ones of HERNANDEZ victims have to do with the Incognito fallout his brother went through? I'm not seeing the connection.

    Mike Pouncey and the rest of the Phins are under a microscope and cant relax like guys usually do in locker rooms. If Jack Lambert said "put a skirt on them" in this day and age the feminazi's would call him a sexist animal... I understand exactoy what Pouncey means when describing his brothers situation.

    However, if everything is going to be compared to a Hernandez and his victims I can see*why you would be frustrated and disgusted by his comment.

    I hope you dont use this comparison after every holding penalty or celebration after a TD. "Did pouncey celebrate when the victims died" ..."Did he hold the vitims family members like he held that NT"
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-05-2014 at 10:05 AM.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Man, this is straight out of the political comment section playbook.

    "Obama gave a speech on Memorial Day but what about the victims of Benghazi?"
    Sorry, don't see what this has to do with politics. Don't know why you have to make it about that. Next, I suppose you'll be "playing the race card" again.

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Sorry dude but what does his support for his twin brother have to do with Hernandez murder victims?
    Sorry you can't comprehend what I've written.

    Maurkice wants people to feel sorry for his poor rich brother Mikey, because Mikey has gotten some criticism...in fact, he wants us to think poor Mikey is being "tortured."

    But for those people his buddy Hernandez murdered, and their loved ones, as far as I know, Maurkice has expressed NO sympathy. As far as I know, his only response to the situation is the photo with Mikey with the "Free Hernandez" caps.

    Sorry if you can't understand the disconnect.

    It's hard for me to consider Maurkice to be a very likeable person. Not saying you, or anyone else, has to feel the same way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •