Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Expect a signing? Steelers free up 8 million in cap space post June 1st

Legend

User Info Menu

Brady already had multigenerational wealth without his wife... what is Peytons excuse?

Once you make 100mill I dont think it has anything to with appearing to be someone you arent. Its about helping the team move money around to stay competitive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Brady already had multigenerational wealth without his wife... what is Peytons excuse?

Once you make 100mill I dont think it has anything to with appearing to be someone you arent. Its about helping the team move money around to stay competitive.
    Once you make 100 million, you want to do it again. I don't know what Peyton's excuse is or isn't, but if I could 100 million twice I'd do it, remember the NFL is only entertainment and not about competition any longer, according to many. So, give me as much as I can get, whether thew team wins or loses is irrelevant. Ben can entertain fans in any city.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The only way Ben does what Brady does is if "mama' (his born and bred Pittsburgh wife) really doesn't want to move and Ben wants to make her and keep her happy. Also keep in mind, Brady has a wife worth tens of millions of dollars so he can appear to be magnaminous and still have multi-generational wealth.
    You are WAY low on this figure. Tens of millions isn't close. It's hundreds of millions. Forbes has reported that when it's done she will be the first ever Billionaire Super model. Her overall life earnings dwarf Brady.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Pappy - Ben will be looking for at least $15 million a year (and he will have earned it and deserve it based on the market) and that's $75 Million over a 5 year contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Once you make 100 million, you want to do it again. I don't know what Peyton's excuse is or isn't, but if I could 100 million twice I'd do it, remember the NFL is only entertainment and not about competition any longer, according to many. So, give me as much as I can get, whether thew team wins or loses is irrelevant. Ben can entertain fans in any city.

Pappy
    Nope.. sorry but it doesn't work that way for competitors like Manning, Brady and Ben. I think these guys are OK with making 90 million the second time around instead of 120 million. Those guys can make up the difference in endorsements anyways.

These guys don't want to make top dollar in Tampa or Buffalo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I agree with Pappy - Ben will be looking for at least $15 million a year (and he will have earned it and deserve it based on the market) and that's $75 Million over a 5 year contract.
    isn't that considered a pay cut though when you look at Cutler and Romo's numbers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    isn't that considered a pay cut though when you look at Cutler and Romo's numbers?
    Sure, compared to those it is but it's still a huge chunk of change and percentage of the cap. I would be surprised if Ben was looking for another $100M deal but Pappy mentioned $75- $80 M and I agree. I see a contract in that neighborhood. By market standards that would be more than fair. I don't think he'd drop down to the $10 -$12M a year area though. Lots of talk about a "home town" discount - I guess I'd need to know what amount is being thought of in order to agree/disagree with whether he's taking it.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are WAY low on this figure. Tens of millions isn't close. It's hundreds of millions. Forbes has reported that when it's done she will be the first ever Billionaire Super model. Her overall life earnings dwarf Brady.
    And to think I turned down a date with her.....
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And to think I turned down a date with her.....
    Was it because she liked LeBeau's defensive scheme?

Legend

User Info Menu

Was it because she liked LeBeau's defensive scheme?
    That was it. She was too stupid to understand his scheme was unsustainable from a talent replacement standpoint. Can't stand stupid!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"