Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Expect a signing? Steelers free up 8 million in cap space post June 1st

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sure, compared to those it is but it's still a huge chunk of change and percentage of the cap. I would be surprised if Ben was looking for another $100M deal but Pappy mentioned $75- $80 M and I agree. I see a contract in that neighborhood. By market standards that would be more than fair. I don't think he'd drop down to the $10 -$12M a year area though. Lots of talk about a "home town" discount - I guess I'd need to know what amount is being thought of in order to agree/disagree with whether he's taking it.
    IMO $15 mill per year is the definition of a "home town" discount and below market value.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I also heard somewhere that Kap's 61 guaranteed isn't actually guaranteed. WTF is that about?
    I heard the money, 61 million, is only guaranteed if he suffers a catastrophic injury and they made him take out an insurance policy that pays the 49ers 20 million if he suffers that catastrophic injury. These contracts are getting unbelievably complicated.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if they have an insurance policy for when he sucks after the team falls apart because of his contract?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I wonder if they have an insurance policy for when he sucks after the team falls apart because of his contract?

Pappy

hmm... where else have we seen this happen in recent years?