If Pouncey is going to "play not to get hurt", he'd better develop the ability to swivel his head 360 degrees. Both of his injuries came from behind, so to speak.
Also, playing not to get hurt could damage his market value. Other teams would notice.
I would think he has a more competitive nature than that. So I'm saying "horsefeathers" to that theory.
You all are crazy if you think that Ben is taking a pay cut just to retire a Steeler. Much lesser quarterbacks are getting paid and so will Ben, I wouldn't take a penny less than the market would give me for the next 4-5 years if I were him. The Steelers will be ponying up another 75-80 million for 5 years or Ben will be playing elsewhere and the Steelers get to see if Landry Jones was a good draft pick or not.
One of the 5 best quarterbacks in the game isn't taking a discount.
1.30) Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (McKinley or Williams)
2.62) Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida (Obi Melifonwu, S)
3.94) Noah Brown, WR, OSU
The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert
Last edited by Ernie; 06-05-2014 at 06:12 AM.
But Brady isn't a top 5 QB anymore...
1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass
2. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
3. Kevin King, CB, Washington
3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic
5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)
7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania