Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former Steelers kicker believes he can still play

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Reed brought stability to a position that was in turmoil for a long time. He didn't have a big leg, but he was close to automatic inside 45 yards. With a few years away from football and a probable decrease in leg strength, I doubt that he can still kick at the NFL level.
    Last NFL stint was in 2010. It is 2014. There is a reason he hasn't been on any team. Unless he just discovered weight lifting or is on some PEDs that he wasn't on before, he is worse than his last year.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I liked Reed. How many teams have ever had a kicker who could party?
    Unfortunately, being able to party doesn't make you better at kicking, and might make you worse. He seemed like a moron, with all those pics of him being wasted with his shirt off.

Backup
    Jeff Reed has a sports radio call in show here in Charlotte... he was filling in on the afternoon drive show a couple of weeks ago and his co host took a shot at him about the paper towel dispenser. You could've heard a pin drop. It was the funniest thing I've heard on sports radio in a long time.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Jeff Reed has a sports radio call in show here in Charlotte... he was filling in on the afternoon drive show a couple of weeks ago and his co host took a shot at him about the paper towel dispenser. You could've heard a pin drop. It was the funniest thing I've heard on sports radio in a long time.
    The thing with his history...a lot of us may get wasted and have a moment of stupidity and get your pic taken, wasted, with your shirt off. Maybe. But not many of us would do that and keep repeating it. I mean, when you see those pics on line the next day, that wouldn't make you ensure that doesn't even happen again? Obviously, he gets wasted or he would know better.