Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamarko Thomas' impact still slow to develop for Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Hahaha the first week of OTA's just ended and we're already complaining about a second year guy not running with the first teamers? It's June 2nd. LOL.
    Don't you know? Once you're put in as a starter in June the job is yours for the season, unless you get injured, no one can earn their way into the lineup by working hard, it's that senile idiot LeBeau.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Don't you know? Once you're put in as a starter in June the job is yours for the season, unless you get injured, no one can earn their way into the lineup by working hard, it's that senile idiot LeBeau.

Pappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Thomas will probably turn out to be another Anthony Smith.
    At best Bustamarko is the next Ryan Mundy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hahaha the first week of OTA's just ended and we're already complaining about a second year guy not running with the first teamers? It's June 2nd. LOL.
    To be fair, we have seen this movie before and that has us gun shy. We were very high on Sharko, as were the coaches. Hearing he is no higher than the 4th safety has us fearing the past may repeat itself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

funny how the same people who lauded the selection of a back up back up QB in the same draft are wondering about the wisdom of trading a 3rd for shark

just doesnt add up

both selections look dubious at this point

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Forget what this sportswriter wrote for a minute. Was there anyone who saw anything in ST's game that he didn't like?
    Slow to react to the ball in the air?
    Couldn't get through trash?
    Slow to diagnose the play?
    Motor ran hot and cold?
    Couldn't cover slot wr in big nickle D?
    Can't play zone coverage?
    Slow blitzing from the slot?
    Liability on special teams?
    Poor tackler?
    If you didn't see these flaws or others then let us just enjoy the fact this young S has a lot to work with. He's only going to get even better!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    funny how the same people who lauded the selection of a back up back up QB in the same draft are wondering about the wisdom of trading a 3rd for shark

just doesnt add up

both selections look dubious at this point
    You are beating that dead horse with a bat. You are dangerously close to an Oveido level of horse beating...lol.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, that was this time last year, with two seasons under his belt instead of just one so far for the Sharknado.
    It's hard for me to understand that kind of mentality. He has flashed some nice play. His teammates have nothing but good to say about him and his play. I truly believe he will be very solid for us.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

yet, 2 minutes after he was drafted it was okay to call him a great pick, stud, starter, prowbowler etc etc
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are beating that dead horse with a bat. You are dangerously close to an Oveido level of horse beating...lol.
    just find the hypocrisy amusing

i know you love landry and think he is a future starter. god help us if thats ever the case in pittsburgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    just find the hypocrisy amusing

i know you love landry and think he is a future starter. god help us if thats ever the case in pittsburgh
    Nope, don't "love" Landry and don't ever know he will be a future starter. But, I will say this the Steelers needed to start looking at the QB position and begin developing a guy. Was Landry the right pick? I don't know. But, I was glad to see the Steelers being proactive rather than scrambling when Ben is no longer playing like Ben. I was tired of seeing the Steelers bring in guys they knew couldn't make this squad or develop guys who couldn't throw a ball. Landry has all the physical tools to be a very good QB. That I know. I think you will see that in the preseason with a significant jump in his play. What I worry about with Landry is what landed him in the third. Does he have the mental toughness to play well in big games? That is the big ???
    Trolls are people too.