Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did we get a top 10 pick in the 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Our top 3 safeties will likely be Troy Polamalu, Mike Mitchell, and Will Allen and our top 3 corners will likely be Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, and William Gay, so it doesn't look like there will necessarily be spot for Shark in our regular defensive back rotation from the start (unless he beats out the wily veteran Will Allen in camp) but he is learning SS, FS, and slot CB, so he would fill in anywhere in the secondary as soon as someone goes down to injury.
    Yea, barring injury, The Shark will not see much time. However, if Shazier doesn't work out or struggles, we'll probably see him more often.

I guess we will see about Shark.... I saw an interview with Butler right after the draft. He mentioned that they were expecting him to play quite a bit this year.... Speed... Time will tell..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers' DL coach John Mitchell has stated exactly that, if it weren't for Tuitt's injuries in 2013 Tuitt would have been a top-10 draft pick...
    I like the pick but this is the same dude who in 2010 proclaimed of his defensive line, "There's never been a better defensive front in the National Football League".

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Tuitt was definitely considered a first round talent in 2012. Last year he had some injuries which dropped him down. But if we end up with the 2012 Tuitt, we might have nabbed a top 10 type pick in the 2nd round. #dopedraftpick

Not to rain on anyone's parade (and I love Tuitt), but I'm skeptical when the Steelers tell us they had a 1st round grade on a guy like Trai Essex.

Didn't some say Landry Jones was a potential first rounder a year before he came out too?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade (and I love Tuitt), but I'm skeptical when the Steelers tell us they had a 1st round grade on a guy like Trai Essex.

Didn't some say Landry Jones was a potential first rounder a year before he came out too?
    The NFL Advisory Committee told Landry Jones that he had a first round grade a year before he came out...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The NFL Advisory Committee told Landry Jones that he had a first round grade a year before he came out...
    He reminds me of Matt Barkley... both these guys stayed a year too long and their last year exposed all of their flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He reminds me of Matt Barkley... both these guys stayed a year too long and their last year exposed all of their flaws.
    I think Barkley received the same info from the committee...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think Barkley received the same info from the committee...
    Anyone who followed college ball would have said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Anyone who followed college ball would have said the same thing.
    True, the good news about our guy is that one can legitimately explain his lower productivity to his coming off injury as opposed to it being that his flaws were revealed.

Not that it matters but you notice that nobody we have ever drafted LOOKS the part of 3/4 DE like he does.

Smith and Keisel were Lankier and got bigger, Ziggy and Heyward look like 4/3 tackles to me for some reason.

This dude looks the part.

Legend
    I think we got a great choice in Tuitt. I'm just thrilled we didn't take his teammate Nix instead. Tuitt will be a more solid performer long term.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!