Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to know how the Steelers Draft room go... AND who makes the final grade ?

Want to know how the Steelers Draft room go... AND who makes the final grade ?

Pro Bowler
    So, Colbert it is. Rooney said final grade is by Kevin. I still think Rooney influences at least the first round pick. He has to. Word is he was the one who made them draft Ben. Cowher wanted Shawn Andrews, a so so O lineman. Thank God Art 2 over-rode the Chin.

Backup
    Didn't want a repeat of the Marino debacle. And rightly so. Had we drafted Marino like we should have, we would have more Super Bowls.

Don't want to make that mistake twice.

Pro Bowler
    This vid is chalk full of good info. Great comments on each draft pick, on the rival AFC North teams, good stuff. They also touched on how it felt like the Browns were really screwing up with belittling Johnny Manziel for seemingly no reason. I have been thinking the same thing: Fine, if you don't want to hand the guy the starting job right away, but why come out and flat out say publicly that he needs to "act like a back up" and that Hoyer is "light years ahead of him." Johnny lives to create enthusiasm, and here the owner is just urinating on his head right out of the gates. These guys mostly comment on exactly how I feel; nice change of pace for the usual talking heads who know nothing.
    Last edited by sick beats; 05-30-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This vid is chalk full of good info. Great comments on each draft pick, on the rival AFC North teams, good stuff.
    I almost posted it myself. Everybody who blames Tomlin for poor draft choices needs to watch that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I almost posted it myself. Everybody who blames Tomlin for poor draft choices needs to watch that video.
    The haters won't comment....

Everybody who blames Tomlin for poor draft choices needs to watch that video.
    anyone who continues to blame Tomlin for poor draft choices is either ignorant of the process the Steelers use to determine our draft selections or has an agenda...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    anyone who continues to blame Tomlin for poor draft choices is either ignorant of the process the Steelers use to determine our draft selections or has an agenda...
    Yep I agree...

Tomlin should get some blame for poor choices and likewise some credit for good ones. The video just gives us all background on the fact it is a group analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Tomlin should get some blame for poor choices and likewise some credit for good ones. The video just gives us all background on the fact it is a group analysis.
    some blame perhaps, but not total blame since it is a group decision...