Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Dat thing....why Dri is da bomb

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pop Dat thing....why Dri is da bomb

After further inspection, I realize why the Steelers are so high on Dri and why we all should be.

He doesn't just have insane speed and quickness; many failed NFL players have.

Here is the difference. Watch him; he has insane instincts to go along with that mad speed. He knows how to use it. He ain't just some track guy who doesn't know when to cut where. He is nearly impeccable at knowing where to cut when. When you add that to his physical skills, it makes a monster, even at 170 lbs. My God, watch how he makes the perfect cut every time. He uses his blockers perfectly and then hits the jets and just makes defenders roll up with a stink face. All we need is a _decent_ OL and this team is going to kill it.

Oh, and the best part of this video is the jams. "Pop dat thing" is dope. I hope they play this jam at the games when they show Dri's highlights. I am getting amped now. When they drafted him, I thought, "So when do tiny RBs work out in the NFL?" NO, he is different. Pop dat thing. Maybe his nick name will be "Pop Dat." That would be off the chain. Enjoy this jam on your Friday. I got it cranked up and loving it. Pop dat thing. #popdatthing

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Archer isn't just another pair of fast feet. He has terrific vision and instincts to go with that crazy speed.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

wow, anyone who still questions this pick really needs to watch this video...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's actually a great video if you mute it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    That's actually a great video if you mute it.
    I agree, I wasn't too crazy about the music either...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That music was the best part. Pop dat thang. It's my new favorite song.

I don't know how anyone can resist being excited after watching that. His vision and instincts are superb and his speed and burst are mind boggling. I think the Steelers are going to be a handful unless Haley goes too conservative (and I think he won't, they won't let him, not with these weapons.)

#popdatthang

Here is another vid, but the music isn't anywhere near as good.

It's almost like everyone else on the field is playing on ice with legs weighted down with lead weights.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    That music was the best part.
    Just like football is played by football players music is played by musicians. I don't hear any talented musicians playing instruments in that background noise.

Legend

User Info Menu

thanks for posting the two videos, Dri Archer is definitely going to be very exciting to watch this season every time he touches the ball.

as for the music, we'll just have to agree to disagree. "Pop dat thang" is never going to be one of the songs on my ipod...

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know how anyone can resist being excited after watching that. His vision and instincts are superb and his speed and burst are mind boggling. I think the Steelers are going to be a handful unless Haley goes too conservative (and I think he won't, they won't let him, not with these weapons.)

#popdatthang

It's almost like everyone else on the field is playing on ice with legs weighted down with lead weights.
    So often they have the angle on him and his speed blows by them.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    So often they have the angle on him and his speed blows by them.
    And he seems to be acutely aware of when his speed is going to topple their tackling angles. It's almost like he is toying with the defenders.