Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Dat thing....why Dri is da bomb

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Welker is fearless, thats what makes him special...hes about as tough as you can get for a guy that size despite being one of the least impressive athletes out there.

We'll see how archer goes but round 3 is a lot to live up to for a player like him. I do like him, I just have some doubts about him at the next level
    I have zero doubts about Archer's talent. Only concern is hanging onto the ball and injuries.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Welker is fearless, thats what makes him special...hes about as tough as you can get for a guy that size despite being one of the least impressive athletes out there.

We'll see how archer goes but round 3 is a lot to live up to for a player like him. I do like him, I just have some doubts about him at the next level
    The reason I have faith in him is because he has shown he is much more than just a burner. He is a burner with vision, balance and instincts that you just can't teach. Al Davis over-valued pure speed, while not paying attention to these other variables. Dri has them in spades. And, while I don't place THAT much emphasis on the bench press, Dri doing 20 reps at 225 means he actually has great strength for his size. And Haley is the perfect OC to fully utilize a dude like Dri. Trust me: He is gonna Pop Dat Thang.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Trust me: He is gonna Pop Dat Thang.
    Hope that won't incur a penalty or a fine.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I have zero doubts about Archer's talent. Only concern is hanging onto the ball and injuries.
    I think he's so fast, that if defenders try to knock ball out of his hands, he is going to blow by them.

Backup
    It's not just his speed and vision. It's his stride.

I was comparing him to Tavon Austin and Archers' strides are ridiculous.

He burns people with his speed. But players think they have an angle on him and 2 strides later, that angle is gone.

He is gonna be extremely difficult for defenses to account for. This is gonna help our other playmakers on the field, like Bell and Blount. Like Brown, Moore, Wheaton and Bryant. Like Miller.

And the kickers and punters are in trouble 'cause you are gonna be kicking to Brown, Blount or this guy.

Eager to see what affect his mere presence has on opposing defenses and special teams.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    It's not just his speed and vision. It's his stride.
    Indeed. They said that ran the 40 with a record for fewest strides taken to cover 40 yards (tied with Calvin Johnson). And considering that Megatron is Manute Bol to Archer's Muggsy Bogues, it's amazing that two guy with such ridiculously different leg lengths can run the same distance with the same stride. It's mind boggling.

The NFL isn't exactly track & field. A long strider that is very short like Archer is not necessarily a good thing. He would expect guys like CJ to have a longer stride simply because it mirrors their body size...so I wouldn't consider those big guys long striders for that reason.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The NFL isn't exactly track & field. A long strider that is very short like Archer is not necessarily a good thing. He would expect guys like CJ to have a longer stride simply because it mirrors their body size...so I wouldn't consider those big guys long striders for that reason.
    Actually, I think it plays into The DA's favor. For reasons I have stated before.

I mean, why use three strides when you can use two. Less energy expended. You can always drop your stride, to throw players off, and-BAM- your stretch it back out and you are by them and they can't do a damn thing about it.

He is very deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Trust me: He is gonna Pop Dat Thang.
    Sounds like something you do with an arse boil.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    What it shows me is explosiveness. In order for him to stride like Megatron his legs must be producing massive explosive leg power....crazy fast twitch. The only time long striders have issues is when they can't get going, or if it produces awkwardness in cuts. That is obviously not an issue with Dri.