Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Dat thing....why Dri is da bomb

Pro Bowler
    Of course he will be the exception, arent they always lol

Next Darren sproles is every tiny little running back just like every white WR is the next wes welker...if only it were that easy

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Next Darren sproles is every tiny little running back just like every white WR is the next wes welker...if only it were that easy
    C'mon now...only short white WR's are the next Wes Welker...tall white WR's are the next Ed McCaffery.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    C'mon now...only short white WR's are the next Wes Welker...tall white WR's are the next Ed McCaffery.
    I'm still waiting for the next Jason Sehorn on defense.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    There will never be another jason sehorn

all DBs of a certain skin color either move to offense in college, or the move to safety or linebacker. Whether you are big and fast like Harrison Smith or small like Jim Leonhard you get labeled as "more quick than fast" or a "smart player that will contribute on special teams"

lol
    Last edited by K Train; 06-30-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    His play was always overrated. Just because he was fast for a white guy didn't make him as good as the media touted.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    His play was always overrated. Just because he was fast for a white guy didn't make him as good as the media touted.
    It helped to play in the biggest media market and be married to Angie Harmon.

There will never be another jason sehorn

all DBs of a certain skin color either move to offense in college, or the move to safety.......

lol
    THAT EXPLAINS why Rod Woodson played both corner AND safety.

I don't need the next Darren Sproles...I'll be happy with the next Danny Woodhead...

And, apparently, Julian Edelman is the next Wes Welker...

The difference is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to project the "it factor" that makes Welker special. Quick but not particularly fast. Looks more like your accountant. Sure he runs great routes but but so do plenty of people. Welker can shake people but you don't know he can do it at a pro level until he is doing it. Never mind color, he is a fail on every measurable.

A college player can have the EXACT ability as Welker as a pro but won't be drafted high because you won't know he can do it until after he is plays in the NFL.

Dri has rare measurables along with the amazing vision and elusiveness you see on film.

Heck Welker and Archer are the same size. If Welker had Archers speed (FASTEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE) ......we are talking Jerry Rice who?

I have NO DOUBT Archer will live up to his draft pick (if he keeps healthy). The only variable is gonna be how high his ceiling is. I don't think he will be the next Sproles. I fully expect that he will be another level of special.

Pro Bowler
    Welker is fearless, thats what makes him special...hes about as tough as you can get for a guy that size despite being one of the least impressive athletes out there.

We'll see how archer goes but round 3 is a lot to live up to for a player like him. I do like him, I just have some doubts about him at the next level