Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rookie Archer Blows Off OTAs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He's doing exactly what he was hired to do. Get attention, get website hits....

Face it, the doucheier they are, the more attention they get...
    If that's the case, it could have been intentional. But that would mean Ed is clever and I doubt that

Good point though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchettes apology regarding HIS mistake on the mandatory NFL Players Association Rookie Premier:

--- We were wrong about rookie Dri Archer skipping spring practices last week in order to appear at the NFL Players Association Rookie Premier. He was required to attend because he was chosen to attend, per league rules. It may be a stupid rule that keeps a rookie away from his team for his first few practices with his new veteran teammates while others are getting a leg up, but that’s the rule. So, in reality, the practices were not voluntary for Archer last week because it was mandated he stay away. It is nearly as dumb as the rule that prevents rookie linebacker Jordan Zumwalt from practicing with his teammates because UCLA’s spring classes have not yet ended. Archer should be ready to go when OTAs resume Tuesday in Pittsburgh.

[url]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/05/30/Bell-looking-forward-to-reduced-workoad/stories/201405300002[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm just happy to hear that OTAs wasn't some guy
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Ed Bouchettes apology regarding HIS mistake on the mandatory NFL Players Association Rookie Premier:

--- We were wrong about rookie Dri Archer skipping spring practices last week in order to appear at the NFL Players Association Rookie Premier. He was required to attend because he was chosen to attend, per league rules. It may be a stupid rule that keeps a rookie away from his team for his first few practices with his new veteran teammates while others are getting a leg up, but that’s the rule. So, in reality, the practices were not voluntary for Archer last week because it was mandated he stay away. It is nearly as dumb as the rule that prevents rookie linebacker Jordan Zumwalt from practicing with his teammates because UCLA’s spring classes have not yet ended. Archer should be ready to go when OTAs resume Tuesday in Pittsburgh.

[URL]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/05/30/Bell-looking-forward-to-reduced-workoad/stories/201405300002[/URL]

Way to deflect Douchette.

Blame the league for a dumb rule, rather owning it for not getting your facts straight before you publish something derogatory.

Of course, I expected no less from the sorriest sports reporter in the 'Burgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i'm just happy to hear that OTAs wasn't some guy
    Maybe it was Jeff OTAH...Bouchette can blame Spell Check for that error.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.