Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeGarrette Blount thinks Steelers running backs are being disrespected

Legend

User Info Menu

LeGarrette Blount thinks Steelers running backs are being disrespected

The Pittsburgh Steelers have gone out and made some moves to improve their depth at running back this offseason. The Steelers added LeGarrette Blount in free agency to complement former first-round pick Le”Veon Bell and there is a lot of promise with the team’s new one-two punch at the position.

However, the Steelers running backs don’t think they are getting enough love — especially LeGarrette Blount.

It all started with some rankings from Bucky Brooks of NFL.com, which left the Steelers stable of rushers ranked outside of the top five.

“I noticed that we’re not one of them, and I don’t like it,” Blount said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. “In all honesty, I believe they’re downgrading the skill level that we have in our backfield by not thinking that we have one of the best running back groups. So I think that’s kind of disrespectful.

“We’re not going to go out here and go on about how we’re not in that group, but we’re going to go out and show that we belong there. I think we have a really good mix of running backs. Our group is good. We have the ability to do a lot of good things.”

The best way to prove doubters wrong is by performing at a high level on the field, and that is exactly what the Steelers will have an opportunity to do when the 2014 season kicks off.

Pittsburgh running backs have not been the most reliable unit in the past, but now they are improved and will be competing with a chip on their shoulder.

[url]http://fansided.com/2014/05/29/legarrette-blount-thinks-steelers-running-backs-disrespected/#!RTQvj[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have gone out and made some moves to improve their depth at running back this offseason. The Steelers added LeGarrette Blount in free agency to complement former first-round pick Le”Veon Bell and there is a lot of promise with the team’s new one-two punch at the position.

However, the Steelers running backs don’t think they are getting enough love — especially LeGarrette Blount.

It all started with some rankings from Bucky Brooks of NFL.com, which left the Steelers stable of rushers ranked outside of the top five.

“I noticed that we’re not one of them, and I don’t like it,” Blount said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. “In all honesty, I believe they’re downgrading the skill level that we have in our backfield by not thinking that we have one of the best running back groups. So I think that’s kind of disrespectful.

“We’re not going to go out here and go on about how we’re not in that group, but we’re going to go out and show that we belong there. I think we have a really good mix of running backs. Our group is good. We have the ability to do a lot of good things.”

The best way to prove doubters wrong is by performing at a high level on the field, and that is exactly what the Steelers will have an opportunity to do when the 2014 season kicks off.

Pittsburgh running backs have not been the most reliable unit in the past, but now they are improved and will be competing with a chip on their shoulder.

[URL]http://fansided.com/2014/05/29/legarrette-blount-thinks-steelers-running-backs-disrespected/#!RTQvj[/URL]
    Why don't these blogs do their research? Bell wasn't a first round pick... he was a 2nd round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Why don't these blogs do their research? Bell wasn't a first round pick... he was a 2nd round pick.
    Most of these blogs suck. That's why you MUST focus on the quotes and come up with your own blog
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Administrator

User Info Menu

Most of these blogs suck. That's why you MUST focus on the quotes and come up with your own blog
    I have my own blog but I typically don't have the time to write articles daily. I try to make sure all my information is accurate instead of just throwing out factually wrong garbage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have my own blog but I typically don't have the time to write articles daily. I try to make sure all my information is accurate instead of just throwing out factually wrong garbage.
    lol....I mean tiny blogs in the form of a thread reply. That's why I post all these articles...to spark a conversation. I do agree with you though...... They should get their info right especially since most of these sports blog writers are fans of the teams they write about.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Administrator

User Info Menu

lol....I mean tiny blogs in the form of a thread reply. That's why I post all these articles...to spark a conversation. I do agree with you though...... They should get their info right especially since most of these sports blog writers are fans of the teams they write about.
    Yup... If I wrote the article at least I wouldn't have to lookup what Bell's draft status was Your right.. these articles typically do spark great conversations.

These blogs are no worse (actually they are better) than ESPN. I don't know if ESPN is getting a new wave of young bloggers/writers but it seems like there has been a constant stream of inaccurate information, speculation, and misspellings/typos in their articles. I'm not one to be the grammar police but when you have flat out misspellings in a headline ESPN article, it makes you wonder if there is any proofreading or even spell check being done before an article is published. That is MAINSTREAM media and they don't use spell check?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup... If I wrote the article at least I wouldn't have to lookup what Bell's draft status was Your right.. these articles typically do spark great conversations.

These blogs are no worse (actually they are better) than ESPN. I don't know if ESPN is getting a new wave of young bloggers/writers but it seems like there has been a constant stream of inaccurate information, speculation, and misspellings/typos in their articles. I'm not one to be the grammar police but when you have flat out misspellings in a headline ESPN article, it makes you wonder if there is any proofreading or even spell check being done before an article is published. That is MAINSTREAM media and they don't use spell check?
    it's the rush to print or report first...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Man, you beat me to it!
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yeah, I know... but what kind of example is that to set?

I mean, you have kids receiving bad grades for misspellings, punctuation, etc but you have ESPN, quite possibly the largest sports media outlet in the world making the same mistakes but that is "ok"? ESPN is 80% owned by Disney and 20% owned by Hearst Corporation. Hearst is the owner of some of most popular newspapers and magazines on the planet. I would be willing to bet Hearst wouldn't allow these type of problems to occur in their magazines or newspapers on such a regular basis.

Legend

User Info Menu

In Bouchette's blog today, he called our free agent safety acquisition Mike Martin instead of Mitchell.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.