Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Jason Worilds vs. Sean Lee decision, revisited once again.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers have Chris Carter waiting in the wings to play OLB along with a couple other no name players that in all likelihood can't outplay JH right now for the job. It might be time to move on from JH, but what if the Steelers are 5-3 or 6-2 at the halfway point and Worilds goes down? Carter? Moats? Zumwalt? Harrison? I know who I'd rather put into the game.

Pappy
    ... and it's not even a tough decision.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Just give Coach Peezy a jersey.
    WHO RIDE? <needs extra characters>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    WHO RIDE? <needs extra characters>
    WE RIDE! <would have done just fine>

Feltdizz: I have seen many injuries occur without any contact. Knees and hamstrings mostly, plus ankles. A player plants his foot wrong and a bad thing happens. It has happened on the Steelers' grass practice field and on artificial turf. I recall a Steeler game against Houston a couple years ago when Andre Johnson was running in the clear after a catch and his hamstring went. He missed nine games. Ki-Jana Carter some years ago tore up a knee just making a cut. No contact at all. This happens all the time. I have seen Olympic sprinters hit top speed at the 50-meter mark; suddenly jump about 3 feet off the ground and grab the hamstring. Are they all injury-prone?

sick beats, i'm not surprised that you would make a smartazz remark. Grow the eff up.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-29-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Feltdizz: I have seen many injuries occur without any contact. Knees and hamstrings mostly, plus ankles. A player plants his foot wrong and a bad thing happens. It has happened on the Steelers' grass practice field and on artificial turf. I recall a Steeler game against Houston a couple years ago when Andre Johnson was running in the clear after a catch and his hamstring went. He missed nine games. Ki-Jana Carter some years ago tore up a knee just making a cut. No contact at all. This happens all the time. I have seen Olympic sprinters hit top speed at the 50-meter mark; suddenly jump about 3 feet off the ground and grab the hamstring. Are they all injury-prone?

sick beats, i'm not surprised that you would make a smartazz remark. Grow the eff up.
    If those athletes had 2 or 3 previous injuries that ended their season or made them miss significant time in their sports then yes, they are injury prone.

I never call someone injury prone after their first injury. 3rd or 4th...especially if its no contact, I see that as injury prone

Were Lee's first two knee injuries "no contact"?

Edit: After browsing a few news stories about the latest injury, it appears there may have been contact. Don't expect the team to admit it, since they weren't supposed to be having contact drills. Also, it appears that the two previous knee injuries occurred in college. In the NFL, he has had a dislocated wrist, a toe injury and a hamstring. Apparently he missed one game due to the wrist.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-29-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Sean Lee’s ACL Once Again Refuses To Play For Cowboys

By PFM Staff Updated: May 27, 2014

DALLAS – After a fierce collision with rookie OL Zack Martin during an early morning OTA practice session, the left anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of oft-injured Cowboys ILB Sean Lee ruptured severely today in what witnesses are calling an “obvious statement that the ACL refuses to play for Dallas,” as well as a “desperate plea to be traded to a more stable, well-run franchise.”

“Yeah, Sean’s ACL made it very clear that it has no desire to play for the Cowboys this season,” said TE Jason Witten, who saw the injury transpire during morning practice. “This is the fourth straight season that his ACL has made its intentions known, and I heard it say that it’s wondering how many times it’s going to have to allow itself to be shredded before the Dallas organization takes the f***ing hint. Every year, that ACL keep snapping, popping, tearing, ripping, or otherwise breaking, all in a obvious message to Jerry Jones that it wants to get the hell away from this Mickey Mouse franchise.”

Added Witten: “Well, that’s not technically what it said. Its actual quote was more like, ‘POP, RIIIIIIP.’ But I think I’m reading between the lines pretty well.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed frustration with the rebellious ACL, but refused to accept the reported season-ending injury as a foregone conclusion.

We signed Sean Lee to a six-year, $51 million contract extension last summer, ” said Jones. “That means that the entirety of Sean Lee’s body, including all bones, tendons, nerve endings, and major muscle ligaments like this uncooperative ACL, are beholden to the terms of that deal. Sean’s ACL does not have legal power of attorney in this case, and each day that it’s not out there performing its duty of resisting anterior translation and medical rotation of the femur is a day that it’s in clear breach of contract. We expect the ACL to honor the terms of Sean’s deal and be on the practice field Wednesday along with the rest of Sean‘s muscular organ system, or so help me, I’ll shrink down my high powered team of lawyers to microscopic levels, inject them into Sean’s blood stream, and have them serve that tendon with a teeny-tiny cease-and-desist order that’ll make its proximal fibers spin.”

The ACL joins Tony Romo’s back, Anthony Spencer’s knee, and DeMarcus Ware’s entire body as high profile medical components unwilling to wear Cowboy colors.

http://profootballmock.com/sean-lees...lay-cowboys-2/