Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 114

Thread: What level of celebrations bother you by Steelers?

  1. #101
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,137
    I wonder if Keisel will pass down his celebration to Dri. If anyone should do the bow and arrow celebration, it's a dude named Archer.

  2. #102
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Just wondering what the criteria is for a celebration equating to being a me first guy.
    What's you criteria?

    I think the general consensus by most fans is if a guy is genuinely excited and reacting to something in a positive way, we'll celebrate with him. If a guy premeditates a celebration and does something just for the sake of getting noticed and uses that premeditated celebration in some way that seems forced or inappropriate, it's kinda douchey.

    Just cause AB's first down reaction is annoying doesn't make him a me first guy. It just makes him annoying in the moment he does it.

    At the same time, we can judge guys by different standards if we want. I enjoyed Hines and Bus celebrating. AB, Keisel, Foote, Woodley are a couple guys that got on my nerves when they celebrate.

    And even though I don't like guys celebrations doesn't mean I don't like a guy. AB, Keisel, Foote, and Woodley were all some of my favs.

  3. #103
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wonder if Keisel will pass down his celebration to Dri. If anyone should do the bow and arrow celebration, it's a dude named Archer.
    I think Archer should take a lap around the stadium hi 5ing the crowd. He could probably do that quicker than AB drops a football for a first down.

  4. #104
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,137
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Archer should take a lap around the stadium hi 5ing the crowd. He could probably do that quicker than AB drops a football for a first down.
    As long as he doesn't wear a Sheldon Cooper Flash t-shirt under his jersey like Bobby Shaw's Superman t-shirt, I'm okay with it.

  5. #105
    Is bragging even a word in the dictionary anymore? And if it is, is it still considered something to avoid nowadays? Is being humble only for chumps anymore?

    And the worst of the worst is the "Ball Drop" for some no biggie catch he is being paid to make (or the Tones Bicep Push, etc) ... when we are getting hammered in a game! Yes, that is a Me-Too (or really, a Me-Only) attitude that I would like to not see in players wearing the Black and Gold.

    Yes, please be more like Heath.

    Or Troy. Or Timmons. Or Casey. Etc. (For the sensitive ones).

    PS - for those who say this showboating is unavoidable in this day and age ... i don't think a single San Antonio Spurs player has a "signature move". You _can_ be successful, even a superstar, without being a clown.

    (Of course Rainbow-Head Dennis Rodman used to be a Spur, so, uhm, forget that last bit please!)


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  6. #106
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    PS - for those who say this showboating is unavoidable in this day and age ... i don't think a single San Antonio Spurs player has a "signature move". You _can_ be successful, even a superstar, without being a clown.

    (Of course Rainbow-Head Dennis Rodman used to be a Spur, so, uhm, forget that last bit please!)
    As much of a circus freak that Rodman was, I never minded his flamboyance because that was his personality in real life. He was just being him. And he was one of the most underrated guys in NBA history. I don't think it's a coincidence he won so many championships.

    Rodman did little things to get inside guys heads to give his team an advantage to win games. I think his antics were completely different than the theatrics we sometimes see in the NFL.

  7. #107
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    As much of a circus freak that Rodman was, I never minded his flamboyance because that was his personality in real life. He was just being him. And he was one of the most underrated guys in NBA history. I don't think it's a coincidence he won so many championships.

    Rodman did little things to get inside guys heads to give his team an advantage to win games. I think his antics were completely different than the theatrics we sometimes see in the NFL.
    Dressing up in a wedding dress?

    Rodman was never underrated.. he ended up on the Bulls because we was a beast on the boards. He also won DPOY. He was a star.

    Rodman celebrated after every basket he made too.. he would pump his fist or put up a #1 sign towards the crowd. Bad Boys 30 for 30 was hilarious...a simple layup would be followed by a celebration. He played hard, celebrated, dyed his hair crazy colors...

    Its odd to hear you say Rodman was flamboyant in real life but you had a bunch of bad things to say about Ocho. Rodman had money struggles and just went to N.Korea to hang out and play ball. Ocho and Rodman are damn near the same guy off the field and honestly, until Ocho married that crazy woman he was NEVER in trouble.

  8. #108
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Is bragging even a word in the dictionary anymore? And if it is, is it still considered something to avoid nowadays? Is being humble only for chumps anymore?

    And the worst of the worst is the "Ball Drop" for some no biggie catch he is being paid to make (or the Tones Bicep Push, etc) ... when we are getting hammered in a game! Yes, that is a Me-Too (or really, a Me-Only) attitude that I would like to not see in players wearing the Black and Gold.

    Yes, please be more like Heath.

    Or Troy. Or Timmons. Or Casey. Etc. (For the sensitive ones).

    PS - for those who say this showboating is unavoidable in this day and age ... i don't think a single San Antonio Spurs player has a "signature move". You _can_ be successful, even a superstar, without being a clown.

    (Of course Rainbow-Head Dennis Rodman used to be a Spur, so, uhm, forget that last bit please!)
    LOL... Ginobli and Duncan have signature moves. Ginobli flops like a fish and Duncan acts like any foul called against him is a shot in the heart..lol.



    I dont think anyone in the NBA has a signature celebration move... but they always pump the crowd up or fist pump after huge shots.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The SNL Play 60 spoof with Peyton was comedic genius.
    SNL? That's still on?
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  10. #110
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,137
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    SNL? That's still on?
    Oh yeah...when Eli Manning was on, his "Big Brothers" sketch was also classic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •