Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What level of celebrations bother you by Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    TO. And where are they now?
    They got those shows for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They got those shows for a reason...
    ...and lost them for a reason...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    wow... manning has ZERO personality. never understood why he's been in ANY ads... very monotone speaker... I'm always waiting for "Bueller... Bueller"... personally would have chosen brady... and bring Giselle along...
    The SNL Play 60 spoof with Peyton was comedic genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ...and lost them for a reason...
    True.

OTOH, you can't lose them unless you have them in the first place...

To get back to the original question, I hate the celebrations such as the flips into the end-zone that could result in an injury or even turn-over of the ball.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Brett Keisel has 29 career sacks in 12 seasons as a Pittsburgh Steeler, which comes out to an average of 2.42 sacks per year.
    tackles for losses, knock downs on 3rd downs, key stops..

he does celebrations for more than sacks or game changing plays. this is my point though, while he doesn't do them on every routine play he DOES them.

Just wondering what the criteria is for a celebration equating to being a me first guy. AB celebrates but I still don't see him as a me first guy. He's probably the hardest worker on this team.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-31-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    tackles for losses, knock downs on 3rd downs, key stops..

he does celebrations for more than sacks or game changing plays. this is my point though, while he doesn't do them on every routine play he DOES them.

Just wondering what the criteria is for a celebration equating to being a me first guy. AB celebrates but I still don't see him as a me first guy. He's probably the hardest worker on this team.
    How about the closer you resemble TO or Meion...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have no issue with a small appropriate celebration. It shows some passion. With that said, when a player is making the first down gesture when they are down by 21 in the 4th, I grow irritated.
    The only ones that I hate. Other than that I love celebration by my team because I'm probably hooping and hollering with them.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Just my .02$ on the whole celebration issue. What I've seen a lot of is the statement that it's entertainment and so, let them entertain and that's fine. However, when I first started watching the NFL circa 1970 football was about football and not entertainment and to me it still should be about football. I watch because it gets my adrenaline flowing, I love watching team sports and in some dark place I still wish it was about the football and not entertainment. To me entertainment is a movie, a play, the symphony, a concert, etc and a sporting event should be about the competition and not entertainment. I am entertained by football, but it's the passion, the camaraderie of teammates, the wanting to win and the in game strategies that entertain me, not celebrations, look at me, etc.

So, as has been stated, I have options, watch the entertainment (since, obviously, it has become less about the game than entertainment) or don't. I still watch, so I don't complain about the "look what I just did" mentality, I may not like it, but I watch and I still hold on to the archaic or romantic belief that the competition is more important than the entertaining, when I lose that I won't watch.

Pappy
    I'm sorry, but I think it was more celebration back then. It wasn't made such a big deal by the media. Remember the league stepped in and at one point wouldn't let it be no celebration period. Maybe it was late 70's when all this was going on but it was.

Legend
    What about the XFL?

They tried to make it about the theatrics over the football. And no one watched.