Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What level of celebrations bother you by Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Did this make you guys angry?

Did this make Keisel selfish?

Was he a me first player?

Serious questions.. be honest.
    Doesn't make me angry, and doesn't make him a me-first player (you can probably count on one hand the number of times Keisel has performed such antics), but I don't care for it.

But I guess it has really helped Bret market himself, huh?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Doesn't make me angry, and doesn't make him a me-first player (you can probably count on one hand the number of times Keisel has performed such antics), but I don't care for it.

No but whats he known for? Sacks or his beard? Are you angry at his beard too for saying "hey look at me"?

Legend

User Info Menu

10 per year on average and the beard enhances each one.

Paddling in a canoe? Cmon... lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    TO. And where are they now?
    Well, in all fairness, if they weren't morons they'd be sitting on about $30 million in the bank, but they indeed were morons, blowing money on child support after child support from kids with all different mothers. I think they are both broke, but only from stupidity. TO made $80 million over his career. He should be a rich man right now but he is broke. Chad made over $46 million and I read where he has $5 mill left, which isn't as bad as TO but that's still pretty crappy cash management. And if he has all those kids, he is still being bled dry. Since you can't automatically make $ on your $ these days (you have to either go safe, where you make next to nothing, or you have to risk it in stocks, which you never know when the next bubble is), it's not a given he will stay wealthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    No but whats he known for? Sacks or his beard? Are you angry at his beard too for saying "hey look at me"?
    ???
    Uhhhh...not sure about your reading skills...I just said I'm NOT angry about his sack celebration, just that I don't care for it.

And yes...he's more famous by far for his beard than his sack celebrations...which kind of helps shoot down the adage that the celebrations are so vital for marketing a player, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bret does that move 10 times per year? Really?

Guess I missed a few of them.

BTW, is he still looking for work?
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 05-30-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brett Keisel has 29 career sacks in 12 seasons as a Pittsburgh Steeler, which comes out to an average of 2.42 sacks per year.

Legend

User Info Menu

???
    Uhhhh...not sure about your reading skills...I just said I'm NOT angry about his sack celebration, just that I don't care for it.

And yes...he's more famous by far for his beard than his sack celebrations...which kind of helps shoot down the adage that the celebrations are so vital for marketing a player, IMO.
    My reading is just fine, I was addressing your statement about his celebration being vital to his marketing. The part about you being angry was me just jabbing you. The beard is a perfect point and is in line with the celebrations, he is doing something to stand out and it makes him marketable. Some guys dance, some grow beards, some grow long hair, some wear crazy socks, some wear crazy gloves, It's all done on an individual basis to distinguish themselves and stand out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Honest answer on my end. I loved each week saying, "what's chad or steve smith gonna do?" Laughed at Joe Horn's cell phone call to his kids. Got just as excited as the Bus when he'd get up from a good run and do the "they can't stop me" kind of dance. Having said all that, I AM old school. I recall Mark Gastineau doing a jump/celebration for each sack... and I was good with it. I recall when the TB Bucs used to head butt each other after a good play; Sapp chased down Farve on an amazing effort play by both players and Favre head-butted HIM, as if to say great play, man, you got MY respect... That was one of the coolest moments of general sportsmanship, I recall seeing in football.

However, when I played, it wasn't more than a high five, slap on the arse, fist pump or maybe an excited jump up and down... they were reactions, not planned actions. *I* was a team first player. Didn't have to rush for 100 yards, if we won. Didn't have to score a TD, as long as we won. As long as a STEELER has THAT team first attitude, I could care less about his celebrations... as long as they don't take away from the game or take away from the team (i.e., cause penalties). Over the years, there have been so many different celebrations, it's kind of old hat. I simply don't care any more.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    They don't get endorsements for their celebrations alone nobody is making that case, the celebrations make them distinguishable from their colleagues. If you have the choice between manning or brady to endorse your product who are you going to pick? obviously manning because hes more entertaining and people pay attention to him, both have all the accolades but manning seperates himself with personality and that's what its about. If Im looking for someone to market my product I want someone who says hey look at me! Not someone who politely says hey buy this and walks off camera.
    wow... manning has ZERO personality. never understood why he's been in ANY ads... very monotone speaker... I'm always waiting for "Bueller... Bueller"... personally would have chosen brady... and bring Giselle along...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington