Hi all,
I'm a teacher, planning for next year. I'm thinking about doing a FF season as a supportive activity for Math (and potentially other) curriculum. Elementary school (i.e. 5th grade). I've never played FF, so that's why I'm coming here to ask questions. Here is what I envision... tell me what you think:

I envision teams where the kid has to team up with an adult (e.g. father/daughter). If neither knows anything about players, I think (hope) that with FF being somewhat luck, it will balance itself out.

There is a curriculum guide I've found of a guy who has the students calculate all the stats. I don't see that as fun. I think I'd just prefer to use the free, online service provided by: Yahoo!, NFL, ESPN, etc. Where I think it would be worthwhile, is in data collection. I'm talking:
charts, pie charts, graphs
plotting graphing, mean/mean/mode'
estimation
algebra?

In the end, I envision a sort of folder that they'll keep (like a book report folder) of facts, information about their players. With this, they will make decisions for who to play, etc. along with their adult partner. Does this sound exciting, or reasonable? Does FF lend itself to use in the classroom? I would think yes, but again... haven't played it myself. Would love some feedback on its potential.