Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Could Pass Several Hall of Fame QBs in 2014

What Ben has done, on a team that has had weak OL's through most of his career along with his courage and ability to make plays, is incredible. When teams get pressure on Brady and Peyton they fold like a tent, but not Ben. He'll deserve the HOF when it is all said and done.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    What Ben has done, on a team that has had weak OL's through most of his career along with his courage and ability to make plays, is incredible. When teams get pressure on Brady and Peyton they fold like a tent, but not Ben. He'll deserve the HOF when it is all said and done.
    He'll deserve it but won't make it. With anti-Steeler bias and his run ins with the law will leave him looking in. I'm not sure what more a QB has to do to get the respect from fans (including Steeler fans) and the NFL. How one can even put Cam, Romo, and Kaepernick in the same league/list with Ben is beyond me. He is possibly the strongest and hardest QB to get to in NFL history. No one is even close.

All we need to do is win one more SB with Ben under Center...

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The only one I care about is most super bowl appearences by a QB.
    Does anyone have that stat...Should be Steve Young, Bradshaw and company.
    I think Steve Young was in only 1 or maybe 2. You are probably thinking of Joe Montana. Jim Kelly went to 4 straight ... he just never came away with the W.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    He'll deserve it but won't make it. With anti-Steeler bias and his run ins with the law will leave him looking in. I'm not sure what more a QB has to do to get the respect from fans (including Steeler fans) and the NFL. How one can even put Cam, Romo, and Kaepernick in the same league/list with Ben is beyond me. He is possibly the strongest and hardest QB to get to in NFL history. No one is even close.
    He will make it... it will be an easy decision too.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post

If Cam Kaep, and Romo are """elite""", they need a new superlative buzzword for Ben.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The only one I care about is most super bowl appearences by a QB.
    Does anyone have that stat...Should be Steve Young, Bradshaw and company.
    Appearances? Kelly has 4. Young only 1. Elway 4. Montana 4?

Backup
    Ben will go in. No question.

Whether he goes in as a first ballot is where the anti-steeler bias comes into play, along with his bad boy period of life.

Big Ben is the man. So many times have we seen him make something out of what we would call nothing.. It's that amazing style that keeps me believing year in and year out, game in and game out. I try not to take his plays for granit because I know one day he will retire and who knows maybe we have seen the best we will ever see from him... I like to think he is still hungry as ever to win another, or more, championship. With all the ups and downs we have seen, on and off the field, I think it would be real wise as steelers fans to really sit and think about all the fun times as well as the disappointing times we have experienced. We may not have a QB with "elite" qualities again for a long time....
    Last edited by AzStillers1989; 05-27-2014 at 10:16 PM.

In my mind, with how Ben arrived and turned this franchise around as a Super Bowl champion contender for Bill Cowher as soon as he stepped on the field, I rank him as a top 10 all time Steeler.

I will never forget the Mojo and play making ability he showed in his first season. It was a real treat. and other than the 3 Super Bowls it was my all time favorite memory of being a football fan in the past 35 years. I was simply in awe of the guy. The missing link of the modern Pittsburgh Steelers changed EVERYTHING.