Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Steelers' position outlook: offensive line

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    K Train...that can't be right because Pouncey is overrated.
    Well it seems that all of the offensive players and the coaching staff are very happy to have him back.....but he is definitely overrated since his backup came in and didnt get destroyed.

Jokes aside, he does look good. Very excited about this oline. Decastro didnt have the best showing against the eagles, but him and pouncey next to each other is very exciting

I can't believe I'm saying this but the OL is the least of this teams worries...outside of QB play.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but the OL is the least of this teams worries...outside of QB play.

Scary how things change isn't it? I'll go further and say no unit on the offense worries me and every unit on the defense does worry me.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I think that is a fair assessment...but I'm not yet convinced the Steelers O can come out of the gates and put up serious points. And they will need to with this D.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think he'll stick as the 9th O-lineman on the 53 man roster. He likely won't get a helmet on gamedays unless injuries strike, because we'll have our starting five with Adams as the swing tackle, Wallace as our primary interior backup, plus Whimper as an additional veteran backup option before we get down to Johnson.
    Fast forward a month now. IMHO Johnson is 1st back up at guard and has taken reps with 2nd team at center and when you figure in he has played left tackle I believe he leaped Whimper which isn't saying a lot but I think he sticks and could dress on some Sundays.

Backup
    Max Starks just got released by Arizona! We need to reevaluate everything!